Sign in to follow this  

Got my bike - 2005 KTM 200EXC

007.JPG

This is not a picture the owners took when they picked it up... it was taken yesterday when we got it home. Yes, it is that clean and new looking! I have only seen one cleaner looking used bike, and that's the 'Berg I found for hubby. This one has 1,000 more miles on it than his did.

I took a wee spin around the yard, kind of getting a wee bit of a feel for the 2 stroke power... I think my biggest issue will be getting used to the sound of it. I parked it in the garage and went to bed (and tried to go to sleep, but didn't do the best job - new job alarm time 2am). Hubby tore my bike all apart for me (bummed I didn't do it since I didn't really sleep much anyway) and is taking the suspension down to get it tweaked just for me. He's picking up some other odds and ends too, and I already have a flywheel weight on order as well as a throttle cam. Not sure if I'll 'need' the throttle cam, but I think it will make my transition to the 2 stroke a little easier (has 3 cams w/it, so I can tweak it to my liking).

:thumbsup::busted:

Congrats! I dont know what I like more, your property, your horses or bikes.

Seems like your life is pretty complete now eh?

Enjoy your new bike and Wife of the Year title.

:thumbsup: I can't get over how clean it is. Mine is going to be like the red headed hillbilly step cousin when we all get together now lol. I just have a hard time justifying buying new plastics when they're just going to get scratched up as soon as I dump it again anyhow :busted:

That's a real beauty Karen! Can't wait to ride it! Ummm I mean ride with ya. LOL!

That's a real beauty Karen! Can't wait to ride it! Ummm I mean ride with ya. LOL!

(My thoughts exactly!!! :busted: )

:thumbsup: I can't get over how clean it is. Mine is going to be like the red headed hillbilly step cousin when we all get together now lol. I just have a hard time justifying buying new plastics when they're just going to get scratched up as soon as I dump it again anyhow :busted:

The way I ride (or soil sample... or crash... or...) mine will be looking rough in no time. But I will keep it clean. Hey, I still have my toothbrushes and toothpics, etc. that I use to clean the little blue bike! :banana:

But seriously, I'll bet I fit in w/everyone in no time! :banana:

But seriously, I'll bet I fit in w/everyone in no time! :thumbsup:

Hey you fit in regardless of what bike you ride!!:busted:

Right On!!! Looks like mine did once upon a time a go...........:busted::thumbsup::banana: :banana: :banana:

How many miles on it?

I recommend that you get some seat time first before those add-ons (flywheel weight and throttlecam) go on so that you know what you've got and the power valve adjusts easily to play with the powerband "hit".

Congrats! I dont know what I like more, your property, your horses or bikes.

Seems like your life is pretty complete now eh?

Enjoy your new bike and Wife of the Year title.

+1.

Very schmick looking bike.

Right On!!! Looks like mine did once upon a time a go...........:busted::thumbsup::banana: :banana: :banana:

How many miles on it?

I recommend that you get some seat time first before those add-ons (flywheel weight and throttlecam) go on so that you know what you've got and the power valve adjusts easily to play with the powerband "hit".

Very good call Kim!!! She's going from the 4T world to the 2T so it'll be a bit of a curve but she'll get it and learn that now, the clutch is her best friend!

1393 miles (65ish hours I think it is). Every square inch of the bike (save the rear tire) literally looks new. I'm just in awe of it! :busted:

congrats on the beautiful bike. my husband went from a honda to a ktm, but from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. after one ride, decided to keep the 2 stroke also and he and my son have a ball when we go out for a weekend. between my hubbys bikes, my sons and my little 2 stroke they ride em all and love it.

we did some mods to my kx flywheel weight, sprocket and chain change and i call it my 3 stroke. still have that bad ass power band hit but also dont run out of umph at the top of the hill to push it over the top

enjoy

007.JPG

This is not a picture the owners took when they picked it up... it was taken yesterday when we got it home. Yes, it is that clean and new looking! I have only seen one cleaner looking used bike, and that's the 'Berg I found for hubby. This one has 1,000 more miles on it than his did.

I took a wee spin around the yard, kind of getting a wee bit of a feel for the 2 stroke power... I think my biggest issue will be getting used to the sound of it. I parked it in the garage and went to bed (and tried to go to sleep, but didn't do the best job - new job alarm time 2am). Hubby tore my bike all apart for me (bummed I didn't do it since I didn't really sleep much anyway) and is taking the suspension down to get it tweaked just for me. He's picking up some other odds and ends too, and I already have a flywheel weight on order as well as a throttle cam. Not sure if I'll 'need' the throttle cam, but I think it will make my transition to the 2 stroke a little easier (has 3 cams w/it, so I can tweak it to my liking).

:thumbsup::busted:

Congrats! I love it and the shine has me squinting.:busted:

Do you still have the little blue bike?

Congrats! I love it and the shine has me squinting.:busted:

Do you still have the little blue bike?

:banana:

Yep, the little blue bike is still in the stable... for now. I have a family member who is interested if I DO send it down the road. I just have to keep her hubby (my step-son) from pit racing it. :thumbsup: He's hard on bikes!