Beta 525 rs 09' quick trail ride video Hawaii

Here's my first attempt at a video:ride:

Looks good to me. Think you are sitting too far back. Try sitting almost on the tank.

Looks good to me. Think you are sitting too far back. Try sitting almost on the tank.

It's how the camera is placed. It's ziptied to my chest protector and it's a wide angle lense so it's a bit different to how it actually looks. It's low too. I will put it on the side of my helmet then the perspective should be better. :busted:

Sweet! You're a lucky bastard to ride in HI :busted:

NICE!! I love riding Miliani. I ride over here in Kaneohe and Kailua most of the time. Let me know whe you wanna ride.

NICE!! I love riding Miliani. I ride over here in Kaneohe and Kailua most of the time. Let me know whe you wanna ride.

Sounds good!!! I am still waiting on my street legal status.. seems there is some glitch getting the vin number verified with the state. I have never ridden in Kaneohe and Kailua. That would be interesting too.:thumbsup::busted:

your bike is seriously quiet. i love it.

kudos to you for keeping the sound down. :busted:

Niiiiice! Hawaii!

Looks a great place to ride. I thought it would be very rocky and very hot.

Looks a great place to ride. I thought it would be very rocky and very hot.

I guess it depends on where you ride. Each island is a bit different. For example on the big island there are places with miles and miles of lava to ride on and other places that are tropical jungle like and then again areas with nice pasture land. This area on Oahu is a real nice place but I don't think it will be very long before a subdivision will end riding here. That's the story with a lot of riding areas I guess and maybe it shows I am a bit older now. I have seen a lot of great old riding area turn into subdivisions . It can be very hot and humid but that day was just plain beautiful with nice tradewinds . It was perfect conditions. I was very happy. This place around december or anytime where it is rainy is very difficult to ride. The clay surface with water turns to slippery ,slick stuff that feels like ice. ...especially the hardpack that gets wet. You can be idling in a higher gear on the road to the trail then wham!! you are picking yourself off the ground wondering what happened.What was shown was just the access road to where the trails start. Then it gets tight and more technical and fun in a different way. I guess it kind of gets kind of jungle like for lack of a better description. Jungle just doesn't sound right. It's a bushy tropical kind of woods. That seems better.:busted:

your bike is seriously quiet. i love it.

kudos to you for keeping the sound down. :busted:

That's just how the bike came but I couldn't be happier. Any quieter and it would sound like an electric bike!!! I put an fmf spark arrestor on my cr 250 honda and that was nice and quiet but this is awesome and this Beta plain hauls too!!!:thumbsup:

Hey cool vid, my wife and i are actually moving out there at the end of next month and we are way excited to ride out there. Are there alot of places to ride like in the video? looking at google earth i see alot of areas that would be great to ride. Is riding out on public land tolerated? Do you have to worry about police? Out here in va theres not alot of places to ride with out loading the bikes and hauling for an hour.

Hey cool vid, my wife and i are actually moving out there at the end of next month and we are way excited to ride out there. Are there alot of places to ride like in the video? looking at google earth i see alot of areas that would be great to ride. Is riding out on public land tolerated? Do you have to worry about police? Out here in va theres not alot of places to ride with out loading the bikes and hauling for an hour.

If you are moving to Oahu there is a riding park on the north shore at Kahuku called wailee. It is a military training area called "area A" (above velzyland for you surf guys) that has been designated as a riding park on weekends. It is run generally by a small group of volunteers . It is around 360 acres but usually people ride the adjacent areas in addition from this park. There has been a huge hit in difficulty riding other areas that no one really used to bother us riders before. There are just so many more people on a small island. Because the island is so small if you drive for an hour you will be getting to the furthest part of the island from where you are at . ( unless you are in traffic!!!) Because of the loss of riding area in past years I have gotten a dualsport(Yea Beta!!!). I think that is the natural transition for some riders. I am surprised that dealers here have not pushed this market better. No matter what we do have some awesome riding area. There isn't a lot of it but I think it is pretty nice....for a little while at least. The Big island has a new riding park above Hilo that I think is around 1000 acres. Kauai and Maui have their areas but you will have to talk to someone from those islands to get an idea of what's there to ride on. If you get to Oahu contact me and I'll give you the latest scoop on where to ride (or not to). Welcome to Hawaii in advance!!:busted: