Sign in to follow this  

vertex piston- 2001 cr250

my buddies 2001 cr250 is due for a topend. he is on a tight budget. i found a good deal on vertex piston kit. i ran these in my ktms and they hold up great. actually some ktm come with veryex pistons from the factory. are they any good in a cr?

thanks

jordan

my buddies 2001 cr250 is due for a topend. he is on a tight budget. i found a good deal on vertex piston kit. i ran these in my ktms and they hold up great. actually some ktm come with veryex pistons from the factory. are they any good in a cr?

thanks

jordan

looks like you answered your own question to me. :thumbsup: Like anything it all comes down to past experience. Since you've had good experiences with them, would you really listen if someone tried to tell you otherwise?

FYI: Have never run them in my CR. I've only ran Wiesco and Stock Honda. I think the Stock pistons are A-ok to be honest and may go back to them. :busted:

"carry on" with SK's $0.02 worth :banana:

I just put one in 2 days ago. Paid only $50 new on ebay. its for my cr250 01 also! Havent used long but no problems.

thanks for the replys fellas. does the kit come with the wrist pin bearing or did you order one seperate?

I just put one in 2 days ago. Paid only $50 new on ebay. its for my cr250 01 also! Havent used long but no problems.