Sign in to follow this  

Question...

I always like to begin my dumb questions with " I have a lot to learn, so bare with me." And, I dont own a manual.

If when changing the oil on a DRZ you empty it from the frame AND crank case, however fill it only from the frame, why cant I drain the whole thing from the crank case? Wont it all flow out from there as well? Seeing as I fill it from the frame and it goes into the crank case?

I didnt care for the way the oil shot out of the frame. A messy hassle in my opinion.

Time to change it again but, I was hoping I can drain it from the crank case only.

At the very least tell me the way I think makes sense?

• Like 1

Well, I knew there must of been a good reason.

I just didnt know what it was.

Now I get to look like a Motard-Retard again:banghead:

Thanks!:busted:

I would bet anything that the questions you ask help a LOT of peeps who aren't brave enough to post... :busted:

Well, I knew there must of been a good reason.

I just didnt know what it was.

Now I get to look like a Motard-Retard again:banghead:

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Don't feel bad at all Sun. There are times that I call myself a Super-Retard! You know, I have worked on bikes for a looooooong time and you wouldn't believe how many guys are out there that can't even change their oil. I am not kidding. I have had guys want to pay me to change their oil!!! A lot of times I took the money, but then actually started feeling bad for it, lol. I ended up showing a lot of people how easy it is and saved them money.

You being able to change your own oil and do basic maintenance puts you way ahead of a lot of other riders! :busted:

Good gas for kickin' ass!

I always like to begin my dumb questions with " I have a lot to learn, so bare with me." And, I dont own a manual.

If when changing the oil on a DRZ you empty it from the frame AND crank case, however fill it only from the frame, why cant I drain the whole thing from the crank case? Wont it all flow out from there as well? Seeing as I fill it from the frame and it goes into the crank case?

I didnt care for the way the oil shot out of the frame. A messy hassle in my opinion.

Time to change it again but, I was hoping I can drain it from the crank case only.

At the very least tell me the way I think makes sense?

When we see you at Adams on the 20th, I'll show you the "most" anal way to do an oil change. :banana: :banana: :thumbsup::busted::banana:

OK Sun.............you and I have to show these guys how us blonds learn :busted:

OH yes............if you can ...hit up Adams cart track on the 20th so you too can spank Caesar :thumbsup:

I wanna be spanked, too.

I knew you would :banana: ...........

Hey now...we need to help Sun and her oil changing with out a mess :busted:

I know if Ryan reads this he will be like.....Wow...2 blonds in oil :thumbsup:

I knew you would :banana: ........... :busted:

I know if Ryan reads this he will be like.....Wow...2 blonds in oil :thumbsup:

You know men all too well!:banana:

Yo SMR! FYI - Don't forget to occasionally clean your oil screen located in the oil line. It's in the rubber down hose. The manual does not mention recommended cleaning intervals, but it's good to clean it out every once in a while. I've heard many stories of people finding crud in there (bits of metal, etc.). Not sure how it gets in there unless it was already in the frame, but I just wanted to mention it as I took mine off recently and it was a little dirty. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Thanks for the answers, manual PM'd and the tips. I did the oil screen last time, which was my 1st oil change I have done on the DRZ.

So nice to get help here and then feeling more confident about doing the work on it myself. Overall its been good so far, I've done a few things. Dont know that I want to put the pipe, carb and sprocket on myself, so Im going to be looking for help on that. But even more Im thinking new top end soon too.:busted: Although William says you can get 30,000 miles with regular oil changes. My bike lately feels like it is lacking umpff and is starting to backfire on the decel which it never did. Someone told me the bike hasnt changed, it's my riding and maxing out the bike. I cant say that is true for certain, maybe it's both. But I know it seems Im always looking for another gear that isnt there when riding the canyons.

BTW _ I told you people....I suck at the track!

And how did this thread get to oil and spankings?:thumbsup:

Thanks for the answers,

BTW _ I told you people....I suck at the track!

And how did this thread get to oil and spankings?:banana:

Hey you asked guys a question about oil and they know you and I are blond.....so ............ to them that ='s spanking :banana:

I suck at the tracks to but it's to much fun and these guys are cute too :banana:

Now get that pipe and carb on :busted: your bike will be all better :thumbsup: remember....you did ride mine and Josh's bikes :banana: