2006 CRF 450r in storage > 1 year

What should i do prior to kicking it over for its first time?

I put fresh oil in both sides, ran it then drained the gas out of the carb and tank prior to storage.

It has been in indoor dry storage with all of my clothes and household goods.

:busted: I will be living in ITALY!!! STOKED!!! :thumbsup:

I'd change the oil/filter, put fuel in it, check the tire pressure and go ride ! I don't know if it's true or not, but I've read that old oil can become either mildly acidic or corrosive and it's a good idea to replace it.

Have fun in Italy !!

Yep. Change the oil and filter, put in a fresh air filter, fuel her up, then kick her over 10-15 times while pressing the kill switch to get oil to the top end. Store it on a stand so the tires don't crack and get flat spots. Probably not a bad idea to change the susp fluids too.

I'd change the oil/filter, put fuel in it, check the tire pressure and go ride ! I don't know if it's true or not, but I've read that old oil can become either mildly acidic or corrosive and it's a good idea to replace it.

Have fun in Italy !!

Old oil will become acidic, but not if it has not been run; new oil will too if it was not heated up real well.

In a car for example, if you work 5 minutes away, it is worse for the oil than if you were running the car for at least 20 minutes so the oil has time to heat up and burn off the acid deposites. Synthetic oil is better for preventing this, but if you don't drive very far each way, you will want to change your oil quite often.

Thanks for the reply's. I get to Italy in Jan so there will be snow on the ground. I will be sending my suspension off to Factory Connection and i have a fresh air filter ready to go!

VP 110 for everyone who replied.