Sign in to follow this  

Jones Creek Trail riding to ...

OK, So I am a Dual-Sporter DRZ400S. This is the only Bike I have ever owned. So consequently it is also the lightest Trail bike I have ever riden. :busted:

I have mainly been riding my bike on Forest service roads with alot of excursions on small off shoot trails from these roads. Recently, I have been riding with my brother-in-law at Jones Creek. Boy it is a different kind of riding but I like it. :thumbsup:

Of course, that is why I have the DRZ, Road to Trail, not perfect at either but can do them both adequetly. The question is if I am Able to do the A,B, and C loops adequetly can I do Gifford or another more remote area? I have heard that the trails in Gifford are difficult but since my trail riding is limited I don't have the experience to know if or where else I can go to challenge myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THnaks,

Volx

Anything in the blue lake area is probably doable. Trails 270,271,276,118,&119

are a lot like jones creek trails.

When you get to the dark divide it becomes very technical. roots, rocks, & goat trails. Alot of it is an uphill battle.

Thank you for the help. Is there any other riding area you guys would recomend? Something similar to Gifford that is a little out of the way. Definitely going to be heading to GP before the snow hits.

Volx

Thank you for the help. Is there any other riding area you guys would recomend? Something similar to Gifford that is a little out of the way. Definitely going to be heading to GP before the snow hits.

Volx

Taneum & Mad River are similar and reasonably close.

Eddieville and starvation ridge out in the Columbia gorge is very fun / cool and is open ans EZ.

http://www.overthebarsgang.com/

Some good riding still left in the tillimook burn area.

http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/trask.html

Look this over...

http://www.oohva.org/index.html

and this check out the "where to ride" here on TT.

• Like 1

Taneum & Mad River are similar and reasonably close.

I had been thinking about heading to Trask.

Thank you all I had found the GP trial map didn't know about the DS adventure. I'll have to check it out.

We know many of those roads just didn't realize were we were. We have sorta ridden and memorized many of the roads between the "Couv" and Mt. Adams and St. Helens. Just purely by trial and error.

Thanks for the help.

Volx

Look forward to seeing you all out there

There seems to be some OHV trails out At mount hood? I don't hear people talk about this much. Are these trails not worth it or are they so limited because of the Peoples republic of Oregon that it isn't worth the ride out?

There seems to be some OHV trails out At mount hood? I don't hear people talk about this much. Are these trails not worth it or are they so limited because of the Peoples republic of Oregon that it isn't worth the ride out?

McCubbins gultch. OK riding there. Nothing marked so you have to wander around if you do not know the area. Good trails for a days worth of fun.