Sign in to follow this  

florida Gold Cup 2009

I dont race but I do like to go watch the bigger series (Gold Cup,Winter AM)when they come to Waldo. I looked at the race schedule and either series is going to Waldo. Anyone know why? I see the series are going to Sunshine and Lake City.

i dontk now y i am kinda mad we are going to sunshine instead of waldo.. it is lame.. but i will have to ask wally when i see him i guess.

We will be there for gatorback. Sucks to see waldos not on the schedule. Why they would put a track like sunshine in the gold cup series who knows..:busted: I believe that since the south florida series is running soon aswell at bithlo unlimited sports didn't like that too well if i remember correctly.

it was a conflict of waldo running another series and the promoters of gold cup apparently didnt like that. So sunshine gets it this year.

sweet we will be there sometime tomorrow.. Kx250F #681

and i have never been to sunshine buti heard the track is not that good.. but we will see what happens.. what class is everyone running?

Seems like Waldo should have known better. The smaller series don't have near the riders and spectators as the Gold Cup and Winter Am.

I'll be riding at Waldo this weekend, I'll ask Matt whats up. Sunshine seems like a fun track too me.

You can't go up against the Fl. Mx. mafia and come out ahead! Why do you think there's no AMA district down here? Wally & Dean are trying to do their own thing and I wish them the best of luck, I think it's better giving the Fl. riders more choices on their racing.

i just wanted to go to waldo.. that was the only time i went to that track is when the gold cup and all went there.

You can't go up against the Fl. Mx. mafia and come out ahead! Why do you think there's no AMA district down here? Wally & Dean are trying to do their own thing and I wish them the best of luck, I think it's better giving the Fl. riders more choices on their racing.

well said:thumbsup:

sweet seeu there.. we jsut got done loading everything as well.. i am riding 250C which is 125C and womens class.

Unfortunatly 03sik50 and JBFL are right. Another thing that seems weird is the track wasn't that wet today (we had around two inches of rain). I've seen it worse and with a few quads, sun and wind the track ends up perfect. They didn't even try to run. There were 7 bikes ready to ride($140.) and talking to other riders they had friends coming. Seems like in this economy they would have opened.

how did everyone do yesterday who went?

i did horrible in the womens.. me and this girl got together and both of us fell.. but i ended up 6th.. it is horrible for me in that class.. and then the C class we were the only class with a full gate of 41.the first moto i got 12th and then the 2nd moto i think i got like 19th or something.. but didnt see what i got overall.

They shoulda let us run on saturday before the rain and Ronnie Tichenor got us. I'm pretty pissed about that, sitting on the line for almost an hour then just decide it's time for a track walk...we could have ran our practice no problem, then they could have done their track walk. I kinda felt cheated on practice saturday aswell as many other people. Either way nothing we can do about it lol. I ended up 24th 1st moto in 250c, bad start. Then in the 2nd moto had a great start, was running about 7th and running down a few people in front of me and next thing I know someone decided to KO me and im laying on the ground with about 3 bikes on top of mine. So I ended up about 29th overall, but was still fun. Could have done better but thats racing.:thumbsup: In the youth 12-15 Ended up 8th ova so I'm happy. All in all a fun weekend. Time to go tear down the 125 and do a top end on her :busted: .

so i just seen i got a 13th overall in C class.. and i didnt have that good of a start the 2nd moto.. but i do know the first moto in C class i came out around the first turn in 3rd.

anyone racing sunshine this weekend? I'll be flagging all weekend I believe. Cant afford to race.