Need help on a way to get a bolt out?

Here is the bolt Iam trying to get out.......It is #46 in the parts list http://www.xtremeusa.com/fiche_section_detail.asp ,the bolt passes thru a mount molded to the swing-arm and then goes thru the shock absorber Arm #34 and passes thru another mount molded to the swing-arm which appears to be threaded at this end.

I got the nut off the bolt but the bolt must be welded on:banghead: It's not budging. The head of the bolt had a couple of rounded sides on it and a socket wouldnt stay on it nor would a wrench.

I have been trying to turn it with a chisel and hammer by cutting a small groove in the head of the bolt but nothing is working. Its on a 1985 cr250 honda.

does anyone have any ideas on how to get this bolt out?

cant find it in the link.. did you try heating it up with a blow torch? get it nice and warm and try get it out.goodluck

If the nut is off the bolt does not move, it has seized. You could try to heat and pound on it but you run the risk of bending something that way. If it were me, I'd strip the bike down to get the assy as minimal as possible. I'd putt the whole mess in a press, properly support the components, add heat and press the bolt out. There is nothing holding it back other than rust and dirt.

I have the swing arm off. A matter of fact I have the hole bike striped down bare. Iam re doing it. Is this bolt threaded to the swing arm mount? Cause i have tryed hitting on it but it doesnt seem to come out any.

I finally got it to turn and have turned it at least six turns fully but it doesnt come out any.

do I just need to hit the end with the threads hard and see if it comes out. iam going to have to replace the bolt any ways along with all the bearings.

try drilling it out and tapping it . Worst comes to worst drill the whole thing out and use a tap and die and rethread the whole thing

If you can cut or drill the head off the bolt, stack washers on the threaded end and put the nut back on. When you tighten the nut, it should pull the bolt through.

try using a 6 point socket!

I finally got it out after giving it some hard blows with a hammer on the threaded side.

thanks for all the help and the trick with the washers is a good Idea that i will keep in mind.

If you can cut or drill the head off the bolt, stack washers on the threaded end and put the nut back on. When you tighten the nut, it should pull the bolt through.

That is a damn good idea. Good gas.