Sign in to follow this  

Fork tube

I changed my son CRF150R small wheel to a Big wheel. what is the best fork tube position or do I leave it the same as the small wheel?

your gonna want to to lower it in the tripples and i think the manual has the height (top of the fork to the top of the tripple) for the big wheel too. if not find the measurement of that distance on another big wheel.

I changed my son CRF150R small wheel to a Big wheel. what is the best fork tube position or do I leave it the same as the small wheel?

Is there alot involved with doing this?

Did you have to put the RB rear brake line on with the longer RB swingarm?

The springing is different (stock) on the RB, but that and fork height is an individual thing....

Did you have to put the RB rear brake line on with the longer RB swingarm?

The springing is different (stock) on the RB, but that and fork height is an individual thing....

Yes, Sorry forgot about the brake. Factory Connection did the suspension and said the spring did not have to be change, only if the ride had put on weight.

The fork tube should extend 10mm above the top of the clamp when you switch to the big wheel. Adjust by raising or lowering (likely choice) tubes a few mm's for personal preference :busted:

The only difference between the two forks (one that come with small wheel and big wheel ... besides spring rates) is the location of the SCRIBE line.

The REASON is because when you changed the swingarm to the longer version, you compensate the geometry change on the front end by raising the front end up by sliding the tubes down further in the clamp (hence why they have different mount heights). This is to balance out the bike (longer swingarm means higher rear end ... compensated by sliding fork tubes down further in clamps (less exposed above clamp).. higher front end).

ALSO its required so your front tire does not hit the fender, but mainly to balance the bike out :thumbsup:

Did the exact same change a couple years back. I run 12 mm exposed above the triple clamp, but start with 10mm (honda design) and adjust from there.:banana: