215.VM2.K5 update

So a few months ago I was having a really bad problem with my forks fading. I posted up in here and DaveJ responded and helped me check a few things and I ended up just doing a fluid change with Dave's 215.VM2.K5.

The feel at the track was amazing. Had to reset the clickers, but the difference was astounding. One of the first things I noticed was that I could actually feel the difference now when I adjusted the clickers even just a single click. With the old stuff, I had to go 3-4 clicks before I could tell any difference.

We had a race for our desert truck out in Barstow in July and I used the YZ to pre-run the course. This was really the first chance I had to do some high speed testing. The feel of the front continues to amaze me. I honestly went from thinking that I was nearing the limits of the bike before the fluid change, to now feeling like I'm nowhere near pushing the limits of what it can do.

From looking at the marks left in the dust on the shafts, I can tell that I am using all of the travel, but I have yet to feel it bottom. I can feel the rear when it bottoms, but not the front. Dave said that I might not need a valving change, and at this point I don't feel like I do. I don't know what changes could be made to make it smoother or react better. I hit some things hard in 4th and 5th gear and never got a feeling that it was blowing through the stroke uncontrollably. In fact there were times when I was pinned in 5th in a sand wash or going through light whoops and looking for a higher gear because the ride was so smooth.

All I can say is that this stuff just works. Thanks Dave for all the help!!