Hydrolocked

Decided to drop my bike in a mountain river and she got hydrolocked. Trailered her back to camp after a buddy tried to get her to turn over by jumping on it while coasting down hill and dumping the clutch. I wasn't too thrilled...anyway, she wouldn't budge.

Pulled the plug and shot out water. Water was in oil and tranny fluid. Replaced both, ran motor/rode a little, repeat, repeat. Air filter was soaked, cleaned, re-oiled.

Seemed to be ok, but then after riding a while she wouldn't idle very well and discovered pilot jet was partly plugged (tiny sand probably). Replaced.

Rinsed fuel tank with a little gas and refilled.

Was adjusting needle clip (unrelated to the sinking) and in process discovered oily substance on needle clip holder screw (top of carb) and around both carb air boots. I hadn't noticed this before and it makes me think there is still more 'stuff' where it shouldn't be.

Is there anything else I should do? Sea Foam in gas perhaps??

Any idea on how sand got into pilot jet (no filters on the vent tubes).

Thanks!

Dave

Your needle thing was most likely related to her swim.

Sand gets in these things.Either from filling the tank(some on the nozzel-or in the jerry can) or up a carb vent which is most likely from the swim.

bummer, just give everything a good clean! watch the valves tho, sand/dirt getting in can find its way to the valves and take them out.. i would pull the carb and also check and clean the intake track.. even tho what ever was in there passed through by now its just a piece of mind knowing theres no more dirt in there

bummer, just give everything a good clean! watch the valves tho, sand/dirt getting in can find its way to the valves and take them out.. i would pull the carb and also check and clean the intake track.. even tho what ever was in there passed through by now its just a piece of mind knowing theres no more dirt in there

Ditto on the intake tract. When the water goes through the air filter it pushes whatever is in it. Glad your rod isn't bent.:busted: