Yamaha Dissapointment :(

Well today is the day that i have been waiting for for a while, (lots of others have too) will Yamaha rock the 2-stroke world with a new 2-stroke model or will it be the same old 4year old design?

Hopefully later will be the my decision to buy a new 2010 yz 250 if its modernized lol or get the same bike for much cheaper :banana:

are there many others waiting to decide to? Who will buy a 2010 regardless of updates or not.

I cant wait :busted:?

Edit: a shame really

I was interested in 2 bikes: the 2010 YZ250 for me and the 2010 YZ85 for my kid. I may as well buy used if I want one of these because I could buy a 2005 and get the same bike for a lot less money. I'll be shopping KTM now because I prefer the latest technology. Yamaha is going to kill the 2 strokes by not updating these bikes, even just a little!

As a KTM owner, and previously an 06 YZ250 owner, just because it's not new and bling, don't dismiss it out of hand. IMHO it still works better than a new KTM, which is not a bad bike either. Also, just pick up a good used YZ cheap, and voila, instant current bike for low $$$.

I dont understand why Yamaha didn't listen to the public...

Increased 2t sales all over the place.

People switching from 4t to 2t.

Lower maintenance.

Easier to get new people into the sport (better cost incentive for the buyer)

Oh well, I guess their economics department needs to be fired.

$#!^ F**** B(%$# !!!!!!! :busted:?:banana: :banana:

why?........why....

not even a swingarm, or a shroud update, or a limited model or anything.

cant even update their description "We love the smell of pre-mix in the morning" uhhh BULL $#!T! or else you -yamaha would have given some hope in the market at a time that was right.:banana:

the gallery photos have the same dude wearing the same gear as last year! How did that guy keep his gear looking so nice for a whole year?.. or did he? Hmmmm.

I really really wanted to be a Yamidog for a few more years, but not changing any of the site information aand not even making a lame attempt at improvong the bike is old news. Maybe Yami cant give us YZ guys anything back because they are using the 300 from last year and the 400 dollar price increase from this year to fund the all new 7 pound HEAVIER 450! Black rims or a 0.02 cent valve shim could not cost much more and they could have said they upgraded the YZ. What are they scared of? The YZ250, that's what. The 450 just got much heavier than in 09, they know that much lighter, less expensive, more nimble bike would for sure take away sales from the pigs if they made them look cool or delivered them in a timely manner. Does it take till spring to build an all new ground up 450? NO. Does it take till spring to stick graphics on a shroud? ....... Anything to short the YZ sales and try to sway everyone onto a $T. Wow

imagine, an all new 450 from the ground up and $500 more than last year. Then the YZ250 for 400 more and no changes. What gives? I was looking at a KTM 150 and 250/300 this weekend.

I wonder what the contingency money is going to look like not just for yamaha but for all the manufactures. I've got a perfectly good 08 yz450f but a three year old bike doesnt get contingency bucks. A friend of mine left his 05 yz250 at my house and I have been keeping it limbered up. Got to tell you, I like it! He paid $1500 for it. In 08 I did all the gncc's and got $2700 in yama bucks AND got a w-9 from yamaha for $2700. So I had to file taxes on that. Net result is got to claim a $7500 loss!! So, since there is no real tech update do I pick up a 07 or so cheap and forget the contingency or buy the new bike and get the contingency plus the tax loss?? Or, keep the bike I've got? The more I ride that $1500 bike the more I like it. It would have made it allot easier if they had at least given it some new stickers!!

I wonder what the contingency money is going to look like not just for yamaha but for all the manufactures. I've got a perfectly good 08 yz450f but a three year old bike doesnt get contingency bucks. A friend of mine left his 05 yz250 at my house and I have been keeping it limbered up. Got to tell you, I like it! He paid $1500 for it. In 08 I did all the gncc's and got $2700 in yama bucks AND got a w-9 from yamaha for $2700. So I had to file taxes on that. Net result is got to claim a $7500 loss!! So, since there is no real tech update do I pick up a 07 or so cheap and forget the contingency or buy the new bike and get the contingency plus the tax loss?? Or, keep the bike I've got? The more I ride that $1500 bike the more I like it. It would have made it allot easier if they had at least given it some new stickers!!

I was interested in a YZ85 for my kid. I figured that they would update it with a power valve since everybody else has one! Instead, Yamaha makes the same updates to their 85 as their 250. KTM appears to be eager to be the 2 stroke leader so that's where my money is going to go when I upgrade to the latest technology.

I think you all need to look at it this way, yamaha needed to be competitve this year with the thumpers and put a ton of money into the products that may win championships. To put money into the 250 2st was not really worth it right now.

On top of that, even know there have been no changes made to the yz 250 it will still bomb a new KTM and will continue t be better for some time. In all reality what are you finding wrong with the YZ that needs so much change, I would almost bet if you asked most racers if they wanted a KTM over a YZ 250 2st, they would still go with the YZ.

I think we all know that the industry is taking a hit and to stay competitive they had to money into the 450 and 250f.

• Like 1