It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

Well I've been a Yammi loyalist since 1975 but I wont be buying this at least not untill the 4 valve head is proven reliable(HONDA) anyone. I guess I might as well buy stock in Titanium valves. And according to spec sheet on mxa you access the airfilter by removing seat and tilting tank backwards to rear of bike , not through radiators plastic. Just not sure about this one, but maybe everything will be ok and I can get one next year,or a used one later when the economy forces people to sell.:busted:

Just because Honda can't make it right the first time doesn't mean that Yamaha can't. The problem is/was not inherant to a four-valve design.
Absolutely true. Note that the exhaust valves have always been reliable, and they are essentially a "4 valve" design in that there's a pair of them. Honda's valve issues were simply a matter of poor execution and material selection, and never anything more than that.

i have to say i love it:thumbsup: my only thought is that how are the aftermarket tank guys ( ims and clark) going to fit a bigger tank under the seat.? maybe no more 3.1 gal
The whole tank is not under the seat, only a portion of it. If you think about it, that's been true for quite a while. It will be a challenge, but I can see it being done.

i hope you dont have to take off the seat and the tank to get to it.

As someone who owns a woods bike with a side access filter door, the idea of removing the seat to service the filter seems like a pain in the ass...but how is that any different from any other YZf?

seems to me that there is the entire area where the old air box (under the

rest of the seat) that could be devoted to the storage of fuel.

I'd be worried about heat from that exhaust.

Overall I'm excited about this new bike. Between the 4 valve head, F.I., and straight through intake shot I could see how this bike is going to have better bottom end.

i got a good question, how do you get to the air filter? i hope you dont have to take off the seat and the tank to get to it.

I am not sure how big a deal changing the filter will be??? mabe a couple extra bolts to remove to flip the tank up?? Looks like the filter is more of a flat automotive style, would be a faster clean job perhaps.

If the air filter access is the deal breaker on this for you see you later dude. I think the bike will have alot of things up in limbo until it gets some real world testing and hours on it and not kiss butt magazine articles and shoot outs who want advertising $$ and bikes to test.

Ack, 7lbs of "new" weight..... bummer. Yamaha spent so many years shaving ounces here, swapping to lighter materials there in a very effective campain to reduce weight, now they had to give a good chunk of it back. No matter where you position 7 lbs, you are going to feel it at some point IMO.

However, kudos to Yamaha for really agressively encorporating foreward thinking for us weekend racers...

I am sure the weight gain is all attributed to the EFI, the pump, the "batteryless" capacitor(s), the multiple sensors, and the ECU.

Still $8K for a dirt bike.... dam... my first brand spankin new 1988 KX125 cost me $2399 !!!

I'd be a lot happier if they also changed the 2010 WR.....but....they didn't

Always next year, and by then... assuming the WR gets the changes...it really won't be a fist year bike anymore, and we will know how it works....actually....the WR a year behind might be a good thing for us WR guys....lol

All kidding aside though, I can't wait for the first real world test ride reports start coming in from other TT'ers