It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

Thousand Oaks yamaha got thier 1st 2010 yx450f in today. It's my buddies bike. What really sucks is they want to keep it on display for 1 week before he can take it home!

Take a picture of the new bike - everyone is waiting! Wonder if they are really here and just getting released?

They haven't been released just yet. Real soon though - albeit small quantities until the they release larger quantities.

As for images, they are all over the internet.

Thousand Oaks yamaha got thier 1st 2010 yx450f in today. It's my buddies bike. What really sucks is they want to keep it on display for 1 week before he can take it home!

:smirk: Right....

That doesn't make alot of sense. If it is his, he should be able to take it home. If it isn't, then It still belongs to thousand oaks, and I would need a little more proof that they actually got one in to believe it.

yea go get a picture asap. that way we can so the other dealers to make a push for it even harder.

I am wondering if I could use Braking oversized front rotor, ASV fron brake lever and Scotts oil filter from my `08 on 2010?

about the new yz450 im a little disapointed about the weight, its the heaviest outa the bunch

Yeah I feel the same way about the weight, 245 Lbs is still 245 to get moving and stopped. The KTM is about the same weight as the honda and if you get the racing battery you can drop another 6Lbs. Not that I dont think Yamaha did a great job It just would have been nice to see a weight close to the Honda or KTM.

Well, the real Wt. of the new Yami is closer to 250 lbs. According to my friends at the testing of it, in Cali. It seems Yamaha has mislead us. Centralized or not, thats Heavy!

What was the comparable weight for 08 or 09? It`s just that there are so many different numbers moving around that I just don`t get it. How much heavier, in reality, is the `10 compared to 08 or 09. Thanks

about the new yz450 im a little disapointed about the weight, its the heaviest outa the bunch

Are you sure? I read somewhere that the "wet curb weight" as 3 or 4 pounds heavier on the Zuke and Kawi. The Honda I can only find a dry weight for.

Curb weight = ready to ride. US 2010 kx450 is 250 lbs. US 2009 rmz450 is 247. No data out yet for 2010 US rmz450. 2010 450sxf is 243 lbs.

im thinkin they did it so that next year they can easily drop a few lbs. and already have a better bike by not redesigning the wheel.

This is what MXA is reporting for the 09 CRF450.

(6) Weight. Suddenly, the manufacturers are reporting the bike’s weight as “curb weight” (with a full tank of gas). This makes sense from a practical standpoint, but doesn’t mesh with the last 40 years of weighing bikes (tank empty). Honda’s reported curb weight is 234.8 pounds. We weighed our CRF450 the AMA way and it came in at 226.5 pounds (about two pounds less than in 2008)."

This is the reported weight of the 2010 YZ450:

Curb Weight: 245 lbs. (ready to ride)

Edited by rickk
The Honda I can only find a dry weight for.
Dry weight is only useful if you are planning to enter a soap box derby.
The Honda I can only find a dry weight for.

Where did you find the "dry weight" for the 09/10 CRF? I have only seen the curb (wet) weights published for that bike.

They haven't been released just yet. Real soon though - albeit small quantities until the they release larger quantities.

As for images, they are all over the internet.

My friends Yamaha dealership isnt going to be getting one until like jan or feb. He said he went and updated the delivery date and sometimes you can do that and they will arrive alittle sooner.

I hope he gets it before feburary cause our racing series starts the last weekend of feburary and i would like to ride it a little and put graphics on it and do other minor things to it.

Dubach winner of the O/30 and O/40 class at the Vet Nats this past weekend...

103884780_1257145612.jpg

Boy is that thing sweet! I sure hope they get to the dealerships soon! Do you have any more real world pics?

Looks like different triples on there. Is it possible he changed the off set?

Dubach winner of the O/30 and O/40 class at the Vet Nats this past weekend...

103884780_1257145612.jpg

The picture with the caption, "this is what Dr D's lead looked like" is worse than it looks. The uphill side of the hill he's at the bottom of is to the left in the shot, and you can only see about the bottom 40% or so of it.