Sign in to follow this  

Even Yamaha has a EFI Programmer ~ where's Suzuki's??

Here's the EFI programmer for the 2010 YZF450

2010-yamaha-yz450f_DPBSE_detail_004_prv_tcm26-321629.jpg

This means that Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha all have a way that you can reprogram the EFI, but Suzuki ?? ~ nada.

I have heard that the Honda and Kawasaki programming software is "not exactly" user friendly, and that's why Dyno Jet sells so many PCV's. But seriously, where's the Factory Suzuki programming tool?

Suzuki has a tuner... JOE PUBLIC can not buy it. I just learned this today talking to Yoshimura R&D department. I also found a local shop that has the turner as they have done work for Suzuki, KTM, Honda and others for testing the engines.

Honestly I think Suzuki does need a program like the rest but from what I hear the Suzuki one is pretty basic and you have to have ALL the right equipement to get the best out of it.

Suzuki has a tuner... JOE PUBLIC can not buy it. I just learned this today talking to Yoshimura R&D department. I also found a local shop that has the turner as they have done work for Suzuki, KTM, Honda and others for testing the engines.

Honestly I think Suzuki does need a program like the rest but from what I hear the Suzuki one is pretty basic and you have to have ALL the right equipement to get the best out of it.

Are you sure it's not that Yosh MX Tuner? The one that will give you slightly different results every time you use it? Not that I'm bashing the MX tuner, but when you use a knob instead of inputting a number into a computer your results will vary.

Um.... Interesting to hear.. Guess I need to make a call.. So wheN you say pretty basic what can or can't be changed.