All NEW 2010 YZ450f Released!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WR comes stock with a 50% throttle stop.

Crap forks that are outdated....Wow, thanks for the great bike Yamaha!

I still don't know what the point of running headlights on the YZs for the gncc series. Are they trying to fool people into buying a WR? Thats what it looks like to me. If they are so great they should be race ready. And if their argument is that they are not race bikes....Yamaha's warranty says different.

So Yamahas off road racers wont race the offroad bike. Great marketing blue boys!!!

I sold my 07 wr 450 and I will never look back. That company is just full of a buch of motocross track queens that think the off road guys are sub par. It really shows in their product lineup. I will never ever buy anything from them again.

WR comes stock with a 50% throttle stop.

Crap forks that are outdated....Wow, thanks for the great bike Yamaha!

I still don't know what the point of running headlights on the YZs for the gncc series. Are they trying to fool people into buying a WR? Thats what it looks like to me. If they are so great they should be race ready. And if their argument is that they are not race bikes....Yamaha's warranty says different.

So Yamahas off road racers wont race the offroad bike. Great marketing blue boys!!!

I sold my 07 wr 450 and I will never look back. That company is just full of a buch of motocross track queens that think the off road guys are sub par. It really shows in their product lineup. I will never ever buy anything from them again.

Well the way I see it is they sell a closed course competion bike bike guised as a EPA legal off road bke. Who is really going to keep a throttle stop in ? Do you really think they expected you to not derestrict it ? That's why they make it so easy and even sell a kit with all the goodies for $45, GYTR.

In the form we want our bikes to run in they would not be EPA legal, green sticker, etc,etc.

With a KTM you hand the dealer lots of money and then you go riding.

With a WR you hand the dealer lots of money and then you spend 30 hours in the garage.

Well you could hand your Yamaha dealer less money than the KTM still and have him do the mods for you. But come on, it's not like it's that hard. I'd have to rejet my KTM or any other bike sometime or another as well.

Also parts are more money on the KTM's and they tend to use them :busted:

Also parts are more money on the KTM's and they tend to use them :busted:

That is incorrect sir, parts on the KTM's are for the most part the same and in some cases less. Parts are also not hard to get for the most part but that can depend on where you live.

I think the worst aspect of the WR in stock form are the forks, they are just crap and must be re-valved and the bike needs to be sprung for each riders weight. That second part needs to be done on all bikes so it's not really a factor. Most bikes also need re-jetting due to bikes coming lean from the factory for emissions.

Having just come from several KTM's I'd still say I prefer owning a KTM over the WR, but initial purchase was reason for going with a WR.

"My next bike will be a KTM" = Lemming, self pretentious, fart sniffing lazy ass the does not like beer:prof:

LOL...a bit harsh, but funny.....

My next one COULD be a KTM, but it would be the 300 XC-W .. which is a bit like apples and oranges in a way.....I have to get my ass on one for a test ride one of these days, but they do peak my interest

Well the way I see it is they sell a closed course competion bike bike guised as a EPA legal off road bke. Who is really going to keep a throttle stop in ? Do you really think they expected you to not derestrict it ? That's why they make it so easy and even sell a kit with all the goodies for $45, GYTR.

In the form we want our bikes to run in they would not be EPA legal, green sticker, etc,etc.

Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Husqvarna, suzuki, etc all make EPA legal offroad bikes that do not have a restrictive throttle stop.

KTM, husqvarna, suzuki also don't have an additional pollution crap hanging off the side of the motor.

KTM and Husqvarna have street legal race bikes that require less dicking around than a WR to run correctly :busted:

The fact that Yamaha delivers the WR the way that it does is silly. Everyone at that company from management, bean counters, engineers, and assembly line workers should all be bitch slapped with a mackerel

I'm not complainin'. Just sayin'

Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Husqvarna, suzuki, etc all make EPA legal offroad bikes that do not have a restrictive throttle stop.

KTM, husqvarna, suzuki also don't have an additional pollution crap hanging off the side of the motor.

KTM and Husqvarna have street legal race bikes that require less dicking around than a WR to run correctly :busted:

The fact that Yamaha delivers the WR the way that it does is silly. Everyone at that company from management, bean counters, engineers, and assembly line workers should all be bitch slapped with a mackerel

I'm not complainin'. Just sayin'

So, you assume that there is not any reasoning behind delivering the Yamaha this way, eh? Could it in fact be that Yamaha want's less scrutiny over it's entire product line for EPA compliance? Could it be that they all ready know that delivering a YZ motor with a few changes is much easier for us to modify to competitive status than re-designing the whole motor, making it very expensive to meet red-sticker performance?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

My 450X took years to figure out how to get it to run fast and stay torquey. My WR took about three hours.

I would be MUCH more concerned about suspension. It took Yamaha years to catch up there......

With a KTM you hand the dealer lots of money and then you go riding.

With a WR you hand the dealer lots of money and then you spend 30 hours in the garage.

Correction, you keep handing over lots of money to the dealer with the Ktm.....

At least Yamaha does not make misleading statements like 'Ready to Race', as no stock bike is ready to race......