Sign in to follow this  

head interchangeable

Hey

Just curious if the heads are interchangeable between the 04 and 05 models...I have a 04 TC450 with screwed intake valves...I have read that the 05 heads were upgraded with bigger more reliable valves fromt he factory...I have found an 05 TE450 head...is this a direct bolt on and will there be a power loss with the Te cams?

Thanks

Ross

Its a direct swap you can use 04 TC cams in 05 and up 450 and 510 motors.

06 and newer have bigger intake valve cut outs in piston.

Yes, this is true. Does anyone know if you can use the newer head with the newer piston? Piston pin the same size? Bore? I would think they should be but I have heard that the 06 and newer have a taller cylinder.

They are all the same exept for valve releifs And comp ratios between Tc and Te.

I have an 04 TC450. I installed a 06 TE head with the thickest 06 head gasket. I opened up the intake relief holes on my 04 piston too the size of the 06 intake valves, this thing is a super tractor now !!!!!!! and still revs to the moon. I can do dead starts in fith gear with no flame-out or valve rattle.

Good Stuff JRT and Gil! I am going to try to build a jig to relieve the pistons with a dremel.

Good Stuff JRT and Gil! I am going to try to build a jig to relieve the pistons with a dremel.

Ok, as far as the 04-05 piston and the 06-07 piston. The piston bore size and wrist pin size are the same. The wrist pin location is different though. The wristpin location is higher on the 06 piston. If you were to try to use an 06/07 piston on an 04/05 rod you would have lower compression unless you changed the rod and cylinder.

Thanks!

Tony

I have three pistons on my bench 04-06-08 the ristpin hole are all the same height from pin to top of piston.