Sign in to follow this  

How to get rid of an 09

I have an 09 klx 250s that I want to get rid of. how can i get rid of it if i didnt even finish paying it off. can i trade it in to the same shop even if i don't have a title?

Exactly why do you need to get rid of an 09, it STILL 2009. If you have a bike that is still that new, there isn't any reason to get a new one.

Why ya gettin rid of it?

And to answer your question, nope, can't imagine a dealer makin that deal. The dealer may be able to consignment sell yours for you, or you may be able to sell it yourself on e-bay or craigslist, local classifieds, etc. Controlling interest in whatever value it has is now yours to market. If I were you, I wouldn't fail to make the payments or the bank will take that interest and sell it for you. Only goes downhill from there. IMHO, if ya truly don't want the bike, take the first cash offer, and cut your losses now.

Good Luck!

You can look into trading it, the dealer pays off the loan to get the title so they can acquire it legally. Problem is, you'll likely get nowhere near the value of the loan for the trade-in, unless you made a significant down payment. In that case, you wind up financing another bike + the leftover amount from the KLX's loan. Not worth it IMO.

JM

You can look into trading it, the dealer pays off the loan to get the title so they can acquire it legally. Problem is, you'll likely get nowhere near the value of the loan for the trade-in, unless you made a significant down payment. In that case, you wind up financing another bike + the leftover amount from the KLX's loan. Not worth it IMO.

JM

EXACTLY!

You are basically screwed. That is why you never want to sell a vehicle shortly after buying brand new. How much do you owe on it, how much can you get for it? You really do not want to add the balance to a new bike if you can avoid it. But in this market, no one will pay top dollar for a bike despite how good of condition it is in.

If you financed a brand new bike, only to realize a few months later you can't afford it, well, you're pretty hosed.

Take this as an expensive lesson, especially if you owe more than it's worth (very likely since you haven't had much time to make payments). This is why a lot of people don't finance bikes (essentially "toys").