Sign in to follow this  

Stock DR650 carb

Where would be a good place to find a used stock carb?:busted:

They come up on ebay all the time.

They come up on ebay all the time.

Cool, I just looked but all I found was one from an overpriced salvage yard. I can get it from Service Honda new for just over $300 so I'm not paying $250 for used from them. I'll keep an eye open for them on ebay.

what kinda bike?

Like the title, DR650. I think they were the same carb from 96 and on.

PM me. I've got one off of a 2008 model. It has the Dyna jet kit and the extra hole drilled in the slide. It probably has only 1000 miles on it. Replaced it with the TM40.

you might want to keep all your smog (kali) parts. sooner or later it's coming!! smog testing:foul: :busted:

I'm keeping the evap canister and all the hoses. I can fab it back with the TM40. It's running better now and I can always lean it down to pass smog.

I had a early 70's Chevy Luv truck that had all the smog removed before I bought it (mid 80's). The C.A.R.B. referee gave me an exemption but I still had to do the smog test even though no smog equipment on the truck at all. Go figure. It's about the $$$.

PM me. I've got one off of a 2008 model. It has the Dyna jet kit and the extra hole drilled in the slide. It probably has only 1000 miles on it. Replaced it with the TM40.

Thanks for the deal gtsrig! Can't wait, excited for another part to show up for my project.

Thanks for the deal gtsrig! Can't wait, excited for another part to show up for my project.

Hi there you mention could get one for around 250 and i am unsure what you are going to buy the one you found for, but....... why not an FCR 39 mx or the like they can be had for about 150 200 in good shape and you can not even compare the performance? just wondering is all? good luck and happy riding

Hi there you mention could get one for around 250 and i am unsure what you are going to buy the one you found for, but....... why not an FCR 39 mx or the like they can be had for about 150 200 in good shape and you can not even compare the performance? just wondering is all? good luck and happy riding

This is for an XR400 and they have a very distinct problem, there's no room for a modern carb. Honda's logic was to put a bare bones non-pumper, non-cv round slide carb in there. The only aftermarket option is a Mikuni 36mm Pumper for $400. The price wouldn't be so bad but I know from my EX days this motor loves a lot of carb and 36mm is just to small for any decent performance. I've got an on going thread on the search for the right carb with pics and details over in that forum. So far I've tried the EX Keihin 38mm pumper, a 37mm FCR, and a Mikuni BSR42. The BSR42 is my lastest and the only one to come close to fitting (fits really well actually). I'll try to update that one in this weekend.

Like any machine there is a good economical pairing somewhere and I'm thinking the Mikuni BSR40 is going to be spot on. With Service Honda selling the carb brand new for around $300 anything like custom cables (if needed) and jetting will make this IMO a better option for your money spent. The 42mm BSR in there right now is a fit but it's just on the edge of too much for a stock bore. The 40 should be perfect considering the bikes physical limitations!

• Like 1

I have a stock carb off my 2008 DR650 if anyone on here is still looking for one. I replaced it with a TM-40 pumper, the stocker had just a couple thousand miles on it and is in nearly new condition.

Make me a reasonable offer and its yours.