Sign in to follow this  

520 fork interchange...

Just picked up a 01 520 mxc. Forks are shot (bad bushings, seals, and lower stanchions have dings)...

Will all 520/525 forks swap in to my clamps?

summer09018.jpg

520 forks will. As will any other 43mm forks off a 125, 250 etc. just undo the cap, remove the compression valve from the bottom and pull the internals out. By doing that you keep the springs and damping correct but use nice tubes :busted:

Thanks, but will the whole 525 or 530 forks swap? Some one has striped out the large nut on top of the fork to disassemble it, whole forks are needed.

Japanese fork assembles might me more available does any one swap KYB or Showa forks on KTM's?

The 03 and newer forks are 48mm so you would have to change the tripple clamps (lower) also. I believe the axle changed size on the newer forks also. I don't know what year so you may need the front wheel also.

Yes there has been conversions to other brands also but that involves alot more work. Do some searching on here and KTMTalk for information.

43mm and small axle 02 and older, 48mm and larger axle 03 and newer. 02 SX had 48mm but still had small axle.

43mm forks are direct drop in. 02 sx forks are 48mm forks and will need a lower T-clamp but axel is interchangable. 03+ you will need lower T clamp and larger axel/front wheel unless ktm is still making the 20mm to 26mm conversion kit.

I have a nice pair of forks from a 2002 450 EXC

that were recently rebuilt & revalved by RACE TECH

for a 210 lb. rider just before I bought them:smirk:

They are the 43mm Forks & 20mm axle

and they also have the FORK GUARDS complete with STICKERS:banana:

I was planning to use them for "a project" that ended up going in another direction

Was going to eBay them to get my money back, but if you are interested....PM me.

Thanks

:busted: