520 fork interchange...

Just picked up a 01 520 mxc. Forks are shot (bad bushings, seals, and lower stanchions have dings)...

Will all 520/525 forks swap in to my clamps?

520 forks will. As will any other 43mm forks off a 125, 250 etc. just undo the cap, remove the compression valve from the bottom and pull the internals out. By doing that you keep the springs and damping correct but use nice tubes :busted:

Thanks, but will the whole 525 or 530 forks swap? Some one has striped out the large nut on top of the fork to disassemble it, whole forks are needed.

Japanese fork assembles might me more available does any one swap KYB or Showa forks on KTM's?

The 03 and newer forks are 48mm so you would have to change the tripple clamps (lower) also. I believe the axle changed size on the newer forks also. I don't know what year so you may need the front wheel also.

Yes there has been conversions to other brands also but that involves alot more work. Do some searching on here and KTMTalk for information.

43mm and small axle 02 and older, 48mm and larger axle 03 and newer. 02 SX had 48mm but still had small axle.

43mm and small axle 02 and older, 48mm and larger axle 03 and newer. 02 SX had 48mm but still had small axle.

43mm forks are direct drop in. 02 sx forks are 48mm forks and will need a lower T-clamp but axel is interchangable. 03+ you will need lower T clamp and larger axel/front wheel unless ktm is still making the 20mm to 26mm conversion kit.

I have a nice pair of forks from a 2002 450 EXC

that were recently rebuilt & revalved by RACE TECH

for a 210 lb. rider just before I bought them:smirk:

They are the 43mm Forks & 20mm axle

and they also have the FORK GUARDS complete with STICKERS:banana:

I was planning to use them for "a project" that ended up going in another direction

Was going to eBay them to get my money back, but if you are interested....PM me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ponch
      I have a 2007 450 EXC that I recently installed a new clutch slave cylinder on. Per the 2007 KTM service manual it clearly states that the clutch needs to be filled with hydraulic oil, which I did (magura blood). That was yesterday. I went out to double check the level today and when I removed the cover, the rubber seal was all contorted and out of shape. I then looked at the cover and it's a Brembo clutch and says "DOT 4 brake fluid only".
      I flushed the line and the master cylinder about 7 times with DOT 4 brake fluid and there was no sign of the magura blood left in the system. My question is: other than the rubber boot on the master cylinder, what damage might have been done by putting in the hydraulic oil? It was in for about 24 hours.
      Thanks in advance for any advice!
    • By pumpernickelBrad
      Hi Folks!

Sorry if there are a bunch of threads already but I used the site's search function and didn't find anything so far...

I just found a decent deal on a '14 350 EXC-F with 11k km (unknown hours). Has a few goodies including skid plate, hand guards and it's for sale for about $2k CAD less than a '16 with 6k km on it.
      The bike is in showroom condition (appearance) with no indication it has been offroad at all.

What would be the gotchas that would make this deal realistic? I'm coming from a WR250R where the engine lasts forever, is 11k street kms high for these bikes? 
      Are there any big defects in the '14s that I haven't dug up yet?
      With no service records what things should be done, checked, etc?
    • By Brannnt
      I purchased an '06 525 EXC some time ago, and recently pulled the motor out of the frame to address some other issues. When I removed the clutch slave cylinder, I noticed an issue the previous owner neglected to tell me about during the purchase.
      It appears that at some point, the chain broke and damaged the engine case near the clutch slave cylinder (see pics, please). I have noticed that the clutch does not fully disengage (bike lurches a bit going into gear, neutral is hard to find... its worse when engine is cold) ... I did not notice any leaks around this area (mineral oil or engine oil) before or during disassembly. 
      The previous owner (or someone) repaired it with some sort of epoxy.
      Without doing my due diligence (checking clutch fluid level, bleeding) I hesitate to state that this is the cause of my clutch disengagement issue ... but pardon my ignorance here and help me out: How bad is this?  Am I looking at replacing my engine case here or is the previous owner's jerry rig good enough?

• By Black Sox
      Just bought a new 2017 350 excf ,will be doing 98% off road ,ordered skid plate bark busters ,
      my ? Is what's the best easiest way to eliminate rear fender light assembly.I still would like to have a break light.
      xcf fender will fit so dealer says,under $50.00 👍But xcf brake light $125.00 .👎What's the best economical way of doing this?
    • By JNV
      Hi friends from Spain.
      Mi new KTM