Sign in to follow this  

how do I lower A kx65

kx 65 is A bit to tall for my son. how do I lower it front and back. how far can I lower it.

look at the dog bones on the rear linkage. Find out what length they are (stamped On them) then you can order different lengths. Let me know what you have. I have some long ones laying around here.

forks, drop them in the clamps up to the bar.

Just did this for my kid... If you notice, when dropping the forks in the clamps they barely hit the handlebars. So, I took a ball peen hammer to the bars where they interfere and created a small indentation. Now I can lower the forks all the way up to the crossbar pad! Next step, buy some 1/4" aluminum bar stock. Take off the stock dogbone links for comparison. Make up several new dogbones with the holes spaced further apart... like 3/8", 1/2" etc. You can truly customize the ride height this way. We went nearly 3" with our drop. Pretty simple and cheap!!!

Just did this for my kid... If you notice, when dropping the forks in the clamps they barely hit the handlebars. So, I took a ball peen hammer to the bars where they interfere and created a small indentation. Now I can lower the forks all the way up to the crossbar pad! Next step, buy some 1/4" aluminum bar stock. Take off the stock dogbone links for comparison. Make up several new dogbones with the holes spaced further apart... like 3/8", 1/2" etc. You can truly customize the ride height this way. We went nearly 3" with our drop. Pretty simple and cheap!!!

are you conserned that you may have weekend the bars?

A couple things I had done to my sons 65 is shave the seat foam, softer springs front and rear, and raised the forks in the clamps.

All these together made a hug difference.

are you conserned that you may have weekend the bars?

Nope, when you see it in person, this is a very, very minor procedure. I sleep well at night with this mod!