Sign in to follow this  

sorry but i had to post this

looks like im getting a thumper:ride: . don't get me wrong, i love pingers but this thumper is just plain sexy:thumbsup:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/209/0/home.aspx

:busted:

Er uh, wait a sec. - this some 'dat pretty advanced schtuff there:

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=A7C44166D63F4790BECFE2FBBC7CB0A6

Interesting bike. I am glad you posted this as it will give one of us a chance to photoshop it into a YZ 250.

I'm thinking the current engine with a straight up and down cylinder...oh wait, we already have that.

Well, we have to do somethign to make it two stroke related or some mods going to delete this.

Pretty fat still, 16 pounds heavier with less fuel

What's up w/ the airbox? Is it completely open, no side panels?

I love my 06 yz250!

MAX!!!

The airbox is the tank and the tank is near the tank area as well. Remember, the head has been turned 180 degrees, so that makes sense. Short of like a Cannondale and Husaberg meeting for an illicit love thing at a local-hourly hotel.

What's up w/ the airbox? Is it completely open, no side panels?

MAX!!!

Airbox is in front of the fuel tank. Air comes in the front, exhaust goes out the back. Think backwards on everything on it.

I'm stickin to the dark side... We have cookies.. :busted:

I won't deny it's a very cool bike. Good for Yamaha. I really don't feel it effects 2strokes in a negative way at all. I'm die hard dirtbike rider two four diesel electric whatever. I'm wondering what bits and pieces can be evolved into the YZ in the future

I have to admit, it is a dang cool machine. I shake my head when I think how far along a YZ250 could be with half this tech in weight savings and updated everything. I cant wait for one of these to be a few years old after a motor blows and BAM! Totaled. I get a steal on a chassis to stick my 250 2T motor in! THANKS! I do end up with all the new tech after all. :busted:

I can't help thinking the following about the new 450...

It costs $500 more and weighs 7 pounds more than last year's 450 (19 more than the YZ250, but feels like 29). More for your money! More features, more weight, two throttle cables and for next year dual cupholders. Or wait a tick... I thought MX racing was all about making bikes LIGHTER? Some new technological revelation revealed that the rules have changed and after 30 years of trying to make bikes lighter, faster and LESS complicated, all of a sudden we realized they need to be heavier with more stuff. Oh, no, wait a second. Marketing says that, not laws of racing or physics, it's a $T so it doesn't have to follow the rules. Bean counters and marketing managers run the sport now not racers, I forgot.

You can learn how to ride, or buy "this shiny cool thing over here"

I wonder if my YZ250 will still easily pull holeshots on this new model as it is over the current 450's.... Oh, yeah, it will. I almost forgot. They weigh 7 MORE pounds and my YZ stayed the same!

:thumbsup:

BRAAAAAAAAAP!

if they made their 2t's the same way, yamaha would bank!

Yamaha did in the late 80's with it's TZ and TZR 250 street bikes parallel twin reverse cylinders was sold in '89 - '90 (2 stroke!) The first ones came to lean from the factory and siezed during a magazine test. They got the nick name reverse siezure 250 they are notorious for thier small airfliters that got dirty qwickly which would work it's way into the carbs.

So is this bike really that revolutionary :busted:

It would be sweet to see a yz 250 two stroke with the reversed engine and the air box and gas tank reversed as was done with the 2010 yz450f. Sick...

I have to admit, it is a dang cool machine. I shake my head when I think how far along a YZ250 could be with half this tech in weight savings and updated everything. I cant wait for one of these to be a few years old after a motor blows and BAM! Totaled. I get a steal on a chassis to stick my 250 2T motor in! THANKS! I do end up with all the new tech after all. :busted:

I can't help thinking the following about the new 450...

It costs $500 more and weighs 7 pounds more than last year's 450 (19 more than the YZ250, but feels like 29). More for your money! More features, more weight, two throttle cables and for next year dual cupholders. Or wait a tick... I thought MX racing was all about making bikes LIGHTER? Some new technological revelation revealed that the rules have changed and after 30 years of trying to make bikes lighter, faster and LESS complicated, all of a sudden we realized they need to be heavier with more stuff. Oh, no, wait a second. Marketing says that, not laws of racing or physics, it's a $T so it doesn't have to follow the rules. Bean counters and marketing managers run the sport now not racers, I forgot.

You can learn how to ride, or buy "this shiny cool thing over here"

I wonder if my YZ250 will still easily pull holeshots on this new model as it is over the current 450's.... Oh, yeah, it will. I almost forgot. They weigh 7 MORE pounds and my YZ stayed the same!

:thumbsup:

BRAAAAAAAAAP!

you have to remember weight has been moved around so it might have that lighter feel

OR

you could actually use reading comprehension and understand that the new weight shown is wet.

WITH FUEL!!!

and so you have to subtract the weight of 1.6gal of fuel to get last years weight of ready, withOUT fuel.

looks like im getting a thumper:ride: . don't get me wrong, i love pingers but this thumper is just plain sexy:thumbsup:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/209/0/home.aspx

Wait! ....at least for one more year, the 2011 model. Yamaha hasn't debugged that yet :thumbsup:

....and rumour has it that next year's model will be a 450 2-stroke plugged in that chassis. That's how dedicated Yami is into 2-stroke :busted:

.... I cant wait for one of these to be a few years old after a motor blows and BAM! Totaled. I get a steal on a chassis to stick my 250 2T motor in! THANKS! I do end up with all the new tech after all. :banana: :banana:

BRAAAAAAAAAP!

Count me in Scooty! :busted::thumbsup:

It's high-time now for a company like SERVICE YAMAHA haha! :banana:

OR

you could actually use reading comprehension and understand that the new weight shown is wet.

WITH FUEL!!!

and so you have to subtract the weight of 1.6gal of fuel to get last years weight of ready, withOUT fuel.

I agree, and I did. The new weight is wet and so is 09 weight. it's called NET weight. You too can see it on yamaha's site here. See 'dimensions' section. 7 pounds more for 2010.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspeccompare/209/1921/1/compare.aspx

The weight of the 2010 yz 250 is listed at 229 and the 450f is shown at 245. Thats significant.

I dont believe the 450 chassis has anything going for it with a 2 stroke 250 motor in it. The airbox location would be awful for the 250. The 250 chassis might, but I doubt it.