Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit/Dash Mods

Lets see some cockpit/dash mods, heres mine. Not much just moved the key to the right blinker to make room for a iPhone and a GPS, so I can dig on tunes and not get lost. Lets see yours.

IMG_0229.jpg

I dig all the technology!

How bout some details on how you pulled off that iphone mount? I've been thinking about how to fabricate/modify something to mount mine in similar fashion and would love to hear what you did.

The case you have now looks cool and the carbon fiber in it will no doubt make your drz faster, but you might want to take a look at the otterbox defender case for your iphone - they are a bit bulky but bomber as hell.

Also, since you've got it on your bars I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you listen to music while you ride? And if so, i'm going to take a second to threadjack and plug my iPhone app, Adaptunes to you - check it out (www.adaptunes.com)... it's only .99 and works well for riding.

haha.

from one extreme to the other.

not the best pic but:

057.jpg

gps = cableties

ignition relocation = cableties

12v aux = cableties

tight arse tuesday style.

I dig all the technology!

How bout some details on how you pulled off that iphone mount? I've been thinking about how to fabricate/modify something to mount mine in similar fashion and would love to hear what you did.

The case you have now looks cool and the carbon fiber in it will no doubt make your drz faster, but you might want to take a look at the otterbox defender case for your iphone - they are a bit bulky but bomber as hell.

Also, since you've got it on your bars I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you listen to music while you ride? And if so, i'm going to take a second to threadjack and plug my iPhone app, Adaptunes to you - check it out (www.adaptunes.com)... it's only .99 and works well for riding.

I have bought your app. and will check it out tomorrow. Also I will shoot a few pics and explain how it's all mounted tomorrow also.

First I made a plate from kydex, heated and bent to suit my veiwing angle. Used heavy duty double sticky to fasten to the tops of my bar mounts, (Answer) as they are perfectly flat. To attach items I use 3M Dual Lock, I guess you could use Velcro, but it seems kinda floppy to me. This stuff snaps into place for a semi-permament hold. IMG_0234.jpg

Then I hacked a bar mounted iPhone holder and attched the Dual Lock to the rear.

IMG_0238.jpg

The same to the back of the GPS unit and presto your good to go. The main thing is everything is rock solid, and removable when it's time to wash the bike or being caught in bad weather. Notice the app running in the picture.IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

• Like 1

The same to the back of the GPS unit and presto your good to go. The main thing is everything is rock solid, and removable when it's time to wash the bike or being caught in bad weather. Notice the app running in the picture.IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

very cool:thumbsup:

i have been trying to fashion up something for my iphone for awhile now...thanks for the tips:ride: :busted:

cheers logan

I was told a car gps wont handle the vibrations made by a bike. Is the ipod touch/iphone just more durable?

I've had the GPS for awhile on a ATV, and it's a very cheap model, as far as the iPhone, I'll let you know. This is on a SM.