Sign in to follow this  

250 lowering

i am getting a 2010 kx250f soon and was wondering what are the best ways to lower it i want to get it as low as posibly because im 5 3:ride:

PC link in back and lower fork tubes in the clamps. also you can cut the seat down. don't do anything drastic you will mess with the handling. how much do you weight? stock spings are good for around 160lbs if you are lighter go with softer springs.

you must do the correct springs for your weight. call FC they will send you the right ones.if you can't do it yourself have them do it and you might as well do a revale at the same time.

PC link in back and lower fork tubes in the clamps. also you can cut the seat down. don't do anything drastic you will mess with the handling. how much do you weight? stock spings are good for around 160lbs if you are lighter go with softer springs.

This is good advice. Short of taking your bike to a suspension shop and costing 6-800.00 to lower it suspension wise which is irreversabile.You can go this route as mentioned above.This is what I did for my son untill he grew a bit and got used to the bike.Trust me you will get use to having minimal foot on the ground.Really don't need much anyways.

The route We took:

Koubalink.com,Probably cheaper than a PC link

Racetech.com to get your spring weight and get them from Factory connection/cost less.

I changed the rear spring myself and had a freind do the forks.

This does make the bike act a little different.I don't think it's bad.Some guy's don't like it.But it's easy to put back to stock and you will want to as soon as you get comfortable with the bike.

You could try the proper springs for your weight first and see if the bike settles for you once your sag is set.

well on my buddys 250f i can touch with 1 foot but i can hold it up and start it and pick it up

Like it was said above, it all depends on how much you want to spend. I sent out my 125 suspension to FC for my girlfriend, because she was just fighting the bike in turns way too much. She is 5'6", 120 lbs. and they revalved and shortened the front and rear by one inch. I know that one inch does not sound like a lot, but coupled with the revalve it makes a huge difference. When they shorten it they do not cut anything, so the process is completely reversible. If you do all of this it could cost as much as $800, but in my opinion it is exactly what you need for being so short and light for that bike. You also didn't say how old you are, because to me it sounds like you might fit better on a Honda 150RB if you are just starting out.

no i have a 150r and its running out of power but i can throw it around like crazy