Sign in to follow this  

just rebuilt... overheatin!

kjust put a new piston kings and gaskets in... it starts up and idles.. and its a tad boggy.. you let it idle for about 30 seconds and the exhuast just starts to glow red!!! whats wrong here?... didnt change a thing from the previous piston

running it with no oil on the filter is BAD... your bearings probably not doing well....

The header has nothing to do with your engine overheating. it is normal for headers to glow red. you may be a bit lean. Its probably weather related and not having to dfo with the rebuilt top end:thumbsup:

i lied... i use to run my air filter with no oil and i just oiled it up.. could that be the prob?

This is the reason he won't post in the KXF forum.People have tried to help him and then you get this kind of stuff.:busted:

running it with no oil on the filter is BAD... your bearings probably not doing well....

The header has nothing to do with your engine overheating. it is normal for headers to glow red. you may be a bit lean. Its probably weather related and not having to dfo with the rebuilt top end:thumbsup:

normal!!! ya right i have never heard ever that it is normal for a header to glow bright red on a sunny day.... that oviosly means something is wrong!!

Start by opening up your owners manual and reading how to maintain your bike.....Then take it to a shop to make sure everything you did wrong is corrected.....

You are beyond help....

normal!!! ya right i have never heard ever that it is normal for a header to glow bright red on a sunny day.... that oviosly means something is wrong!!

You are the only person on TT that thinks so. Seriously, go read the stickies and the FAQ and do a search. That question is asked a lot. Glowing header is normal on a thumper.

ya those air filter bearings really do need to stay lubed:smirk: