valves changed overnight

have a 08 crf250r, owned it for a year n a half. got i brand new. valves have always been a .005 on the intake, n .012's for the exhaust. checked on a regular basis. all of a sudden the bike started stalling and barely starting up. usually it starts 2nd kick cold, n it woodnt start today at all. i can barely get a .0015 under the intakes, and the exhaust will barely take a .009, what happened to change them overnight? i barely put 3 hours on it sense the last time i checked them. thanks in advance

have a 08 crf250r, owned it for a year n a half. got i brand new. valves have always been a .005 on the intake, n .012's for the exhaust. checked on a regular basis. all of a sudden the bike started stalling and barely starting up. usually it starts 2nd kick cold, n it woodnt start today at all. i can barely get a .0015 under the intakes, and the exhaust will barely take a .009, what happened to change them overnight? i barely put 3 hours on it sense the last time i checked them. thanks in advance

Welcome to the world of Honda valves. Yep they can change that fast. Have they been shimmed before?

yep, they can change just like that.. i had my right intake zero out after 4 practice laps..

btw, my friends kawi and yamahas have done the same.. :busted:

isnt it actually the vavle seats that are the culprit?

isnt it actually the vavle seats that are the culprit?

can be the seats or the valves, most of the time dirt gets in there, eats the stellite coating off the valves, which in turn hammers the valves and can dis-figure the seat.. other then that a seat that wasnt cut properly or new valves installed on old seats, can kill a valve..

in the older crf's some of the valve seats were the culprits because of the density of the seats..