Thoughts about a KMC brand chain??

The guy I bought my CR250 from has a new KMC O-ring chain and a set of new sprockets - he said he paid about $100 for them but I can pick them up for $50. I did a search about KMC chains and didn't come up with much. I'm leaning towards buying the combo from him - right now it has a standard chain and it's getting ready to need replacement soon. What do you think...should I pick up this combo for $50? Thanks...

Eric

Anyone?

The search I did on it appears to be that they make industrial chains to bicycle chains. I found a couple on e-bay that are o-ring chains that are going for $45. Looks like they may be relabeled as Bikemaster as well? As long as it is the 520 version may as well try it out?

Thanks Steve...I did a search like that too and didn't turn up any good info like I was hoping. I blew the guy off today and didn't buy his chain/sprockets. Yes, I like a good deal, but I also recognize a quality product and I'm not getting that feeling from this so far. I might just spend a few extra bucks and get a good x-ring chain and sprockets that I know I can trust. Thanks again to anyone that can give me some feedback....

There are several guys in my area that are using KMC o-ring on their 450's. They have been running with them all season and have not had to adjust their back wheel and they all race motocross as well, so they have been tested.

This is funny because I just got home with one to put on my yz450. I waited to see how the other guys made out before I bought one. They claim that the chain is holding just as good as the RK's that they used to run that were twice the price.

There are several guys in my area that are using KMC o-ring on their 450's. They have been running with them all season and have not had to adjust their back wheel and they all race motocross as well, so they have been tested.

This is funny because I just got home with one to put on my yz450. I waited to see how the other guys made out before I bought one. They claim that the chain is holding just as good as the RK's that they used to run that were twice the price.

Thanks for the solid info about these chains! I'm supposed to go pick up the chain and sprockets...$50 seems like a good deal. I appreciate the info...good gas to you!

Eric