Baja Designs LED Tailight - Problem

Okay Someone lie to me. :thumbsup:

The running light circuit went out on my BD tail light. The wire is good and I have power up to the housing. the circuit is good on the brake side as it still works. So tell me I can do something other than F with unit. :banana:

I here the edge ones are bright. My wife will be pissed I've reworked just about everything this year. I keep telling her nothing else, I promise. :busted:

Okay Someone lie to me. :banana:

The running light circuit went out on my BD tail light. The wire is good and I have power up to the housing. the circuit is good on the brake side as it still works. So tell me I can do something other than F with unit. :banana:

I here the edge ones are bright. My wife will be pissed I've reworked just about everything this year. I keep telling her nothing else, I promise. :banana:

Must be the hot Texas commute...ehh....:banana: :banana: The cheep led`s they use....Edge as well don`t stand up very well to the vibrations. Unfortunately you can`t open up the BD. It`s a sealed unit. When I had mine on....The License plate led`s went one by one.....Several people have reported the same on their edge as well. Good ones can be had here..... oblong cat eye...

www.motorcyclemods.com

:busted::thumbsup:

Erling

Just replaced mine too...

I got 3 years out of the BD. Damn, though that's 1 set of signals and a taillight in 3 months....

I will bear that sight in mind. I have been using custom dynamics for components. Spendy as well. The 5 LED bars I set up as signals on the Z1000 are still going strong!

Maybe it is time to buy a couple strips and just go it myself.

I've had to re-solder one of the wires on mine, and a few of the "white" led's have gone out.

I'm just waiting 'til it goes out completely, then I'll replace it. I don't what with.:thumbsup::banana:

LED's, whether it's signals or tail lights. They don't last long as presumed. :busted:

Just put on my new BD rear today. first one lasted pretty good. I dont know what I will buy next. Cross that bridge when I get to it. Mine did the same thing as yours. running light circuit went out. first were the white lights.

my baja designs light just went out last week it lasted 5yrs. i found out that the 3 wires just pulled/snaped off the ciruit board just inside the housing due to the vibs back there, anyways i think i could dremel a larger hole to access and solder them back on the board or replace it with this unit i found on ebay which looks exactly the same:smirk:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370250650691&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

hope this helps:thumbsup:

my baja designs light just went out last week it lasted 5yrs. i found out that the 3 wires just pulled/snaped off the ciruit board just inside the housing due to the vibs back there, anyways i think i could dremel a larger hole to access and solder them back on the board or replace it with this unit i found on ebay which looks exactly the same:smirk:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370250650691&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

hope this helps:thumbsup:

I found an old thread where the LED assembly had been "unsealed" using a heat gun.

I am positive the solder let go. But I don't have time to f with it so I figured I would replace it and rework the old one in my spare time. My buddy who I passed said it was flickering..

The lens looks slightly different on that one. I see two different wire "harnesses" on the ebay ones. One of which looks similar to the DRZ plug. I will phone BD and see what their cost is for just the LED.

I killed a set of mototrax cheapo LED signals in 2 months this spring. I went to Wheeling for the next set. Cheap e-bay is just that. But $15 for the tailight shipped wow.

BD was $40 ish shipped. :busted:

Then I will bench the old one as the LED's all quit at once... :thumbsup:

Guess what the replacement was found DOA on my way to work.....

Time for a better quality product...

So I phoned BD. Well my order was processed on Sept 9th. So they will not warranty it! :worthy:

They did offer me a $10 discount on my next one! :ride:

2200 miles in 12 months.......(thats pathetic) but really? :banghead:

So I phoned BD. Well my order was processed on Sept 9th. So they will not warranty it! :ride:

They did offer me a $10 discount on my next one! :banghead:

2200 miles in 12 months.......(thats pathetic) but really? :worthy:

Yeppers...... They make crappy stuff.......But again....after seing how the aft sub frame get`s shaken by the engine....holy cow..... anyway.....it should hold up better.... That`s why I ended up making my own..... Seems like most things nowadays are cheepo stuff....either too dim.....fails after a few 470`s.....:ride::thumbsup:

Erling

I can see through the lense on mine that the solder connections are coroding and will soon fail. Thanks BD for the hi/lo switch that also failed way too early. Won't be doing anything with them again!

My next brake light will be a code 3 xt3. I have them as rear turns so it's time to update and mount a flame thrower,( 2 mile visibility). They are a 5 year replacement product and code 3 stands behind there stuff.

check oznium for led's.