02 exc susp setting for comfort?worth revalve for trail riding

i have a 02 520 exc that i love. i have done the complete 07 style subframe ... update and feel like i could be happy on this bike for several more years. i have had the suspension lowered 1" fresh fluids and installed subtank handlebars .but not revalved. i am mainly a single track trail rider. i wouldnt say that i am unhappy with the susp, but wonder if it could be better? I am mostly looking for a more comfortable ride. I never take the bike on mx tracks or jump.What settings are you guys running for comfort on the stock susp. thanks

The best money you can spend is to have your suspension professionally revalved to you by someone who knows how to setup WP suspension.

definitlely get it done by someone who knows WP suspension my suspesion bloke would only do both the forks & shock at the same time i'm very happy with the outcome

yep, try Trail tricks, Javier is a magician on these bikes

What to look for or expect in improvement?

You should feel less sore and tired at the end of your routine riding. For the forks: The front end should track straight across heavy loose rock even at lower speeds. You should be able to lean it over in the sweepers and hit trail bumps without deflection you would now experience. For the Forks and shock: The bike should be able to fly the waterbars in 2nd or 3rd without having the front end dive. Take the bike out and see what it does now.

After the suspension guy charges a fortune, take it out again. Give it time for some setup. If you are still dissatisfied, Bitch like a stuck pig. Valving is currently running $150 front / $150 rear (and more). If you have to change springs it can be an additional $200 for front and rear.

The setup is critical after you get the bike fixed. If the tuner is any good he will give you a great starting point, then listen and help dial it in.

It's worth the time and work to dial it in- especially if you're a senior rider.

The suspension on my 450 was revalved/resprung by Enduro Engineering. It is almost cheating. The bike handles anything you can throw it at, sand, rocks, mud, whatever. Best money to spend on your bike.

i have a 02 520 exc that i love. i have done the complete 07 style subframe ... update and feel like i could be happy on this bike for several more years. i have had the suspension lowered 1" fresh fluids and installed subtank handlebars .but not revalved. i am mainly a single track trail rider. i wouldnt say that i am unhappy with the susp, but wonder if it could be better? I am mostly looking for a more comfortable ride. I never take the bike on mx tracks or jump.What settings are you guys running for comfort on the stock susp. thanks

It can always be better than stock because it will be set up for your weight and ability. That said, my 2cents is whether it's worth it not to you. I feel that bike stock is on the soft side and if within the weight range it would be fine for a beginner/c class rider. If you are above that or above the weight range a revalve/correct springs will be noticably better.