Sign in to follow this  

Reducing Spooge

Which jets do I need to downsize on to reduce the spooge that my bike is producing, main jet and leak jet? Oh and I am running KX250 with 50:1 mix ratio if that helps.

Zane

you need to figure out which circuit is rich. post up your elevation, and current jetting. also what type of riding you notice it most at(trails, dunes,) it will help to decide which circuit needs adjustment.:busted:

My bike currently has a 155 main jet, needle and seat is OEM so it has no clips i think. My elevation here in Hays, Kansas is 2020 ft. and usually ride trails and occasionally make some trips to the dunes.

when you ride trails you are usually in the lower rpm's right? if so drop your pilot a step and try rising the clip on the slide needle 1 position. see if that helps.:busted:

once your jetting is dialed in you shouldn't have to adjust jets unless there is a drastic change in elevation, an adjustment on the air screw may be needed but usually thats all. the reason I asked about dune or trail riding was just to get an idea of what circuit needed tweaking.:busted: