Is it possible to overfill the damper on forks?

Or will he excess come out the two holes on the side when pouring off excess oil?

I assume you have a CRF with the TwinChamber forks and are referring to the inner chamber here.

You have to follow a procedure. Fill, bleed, then install the cap. Then compress to expel the excess fluid from the inner chamber. Then you turn the inner chamber on the side to allow the excess to bleed out through the holes.

on showas the oil will exceed.

on kayabas you are not able to push the BV assembly all the way down to screw it in if it's overfilled. I use a cartridge oil level of 135 to 140mm there

on showas the oil will exceed.

on kayabas you are not able to push the BV assembly all the way down to screw it in if it's overfilled. I use a cartridge oil level of 135 to 140mm there

If not the free pistons are drilled..

If not the free pistons are drilled..

doesn't matter if they are drilled or not. the pressure is in the cartridge (underneath the seals) , not in the ICS spring chamber

ok, my fault. I just always use DaveJ's method of filling (and drilling the psitons). Overfill the catridge, puts pressure on the base will pressing the rod upwards and allowing the oil the overflow through the bleed holes. This will ensure the right amount of oil on the catridge?

Bang

So even if I filled it half way to the top after bleeding and then screwed on the cap the ecsess oil will come out the holes when tilted over my drain pan right? Or could it be overfilled even if I was able to screw the cap on?

So even if I filled it half way to the top after bleeding and then screwed on the cap the ecsess oil will come out the holes when tilted over my drain pan right? Or could it be overfilled even if I was able to screw the cap on?

when you push the rod into the cartridge, the free piston rises until it reaches the bleeding point. then the oil flows to the upper side of the free piston where it can escape the bleed holes. IMHO it's not possible to overfill it...

Thats what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure, but thats just your opinion right, I am still thinking about pulling the top off nd mesure the level just to make sure, I just want to make sure, thats just the way I am.

I hate that, some times I just want to make sure to much, I am pretty anal about making sure on to many things, I guess it is a good thing though.

Doug

Doug