Please Help starting problems and whats eddies average bill for a build

im a poor kid who spends all of his money on his dirtbike/supermotard the bike is a 2000 drz400kicker RAN Great, bikes never seen dirty oil or filters, bike has run but i wouldnt say hard but not babied either, always synthetic amsoil, The bike died at a friends house where i dont want to start a in depth project, I know its got a good plug and premium fuel, i know its getting fuel, But i can kick it all day and night and it wont start, it seems like the bike has been a little harder to start the last couple weeks, My question is IF the valves are out of spec will the bike be impossible to start, I would like to just get it home so i can work on it, also im joining the airforce (blow that signing bounus :busted: and am curious about how much it would cost me to have eddie rebuild motor/carb or the average cost of a good motor builder

im a poor kid who spends all of his money on his dirtbike/supermotard the bike is a 2000 drz400kicker RAN Great, bikes never seen dirty oil or filters, bike has run but i wouldnt say hard but not babied either, always synthetic amsoil, The bike died at a friends house where i dont want to start a in depth project, I know its got a good plug and premium fuel, i know its getting fuel, But i can kick it all day and night and it wont start, it seems like the bike has been a little harder to start the last couple weeks, My question is IF the valves are out of spec will the bike be impossible to start, I would like to just get it home so i can work on it, also im joining the airforce (blow that signing bounus :busted: and am curious about how much it would cost me to have eddie rebuild motor/carb or the average cost of a good motor builder

spark? compression?

i had the man !!! Eddie build mine 470cc , here are the parts -- 94mm mt kit $450

hotrods stroker crank $375

cylinder spacer $100

RHC 187 cams w/ adjustable sprockets $580

RHC spring kit $225

RHC valves,+1mm intake $200

valve guide seals $25

misc gaskets

$50

MCCT if you dont have one already $60

labor including refurbishing head,clearancing piston,degreeing cams,head porting,+1mm intake valve etc.

$765

you will also need a 41mm fcr-mx $575 and a preferably a yosh ti pipe $700.

this a fully prepped race motor.be aware the power delivery is very agressive.

there is really no "average". it entirely depeds on what you want done and what kind of damage has occured.

what athony has is a upper end build but the motor was not broken when we built it.if the cylinder head was damaged form a blow up it would have added to the cost.

i offer the same dela to all tt'ers.

send me the motor.i tear it down,and give you a estimate with different options .

if you decide not to fix it all you owe is return shipping.

just did the math on Anthony's build....wow

if i even THOUGHT of doing that, i think i'd hear from another professional....

a DIVORCE attorney!!

Blind :banana:...jealous tho of what that bike would do ?:banana:

It is a wee bit of fun. If you want to cheap out go with the MRD.

In my case she decided she'd get more if she stayed. It cost me the above and one new car. I don't get to drive the car. :busted:

If you think about it. The price from eddie is allot better than trying to sell the drz and get a new big bore bike or something and In the end you will have the power of a new big bore bike and the reliability of the drz :busted:

Is the 470 as reliable as a stock drz though? How many miles should someone expect to see out of it with routine service 1000 mile oil changes etc. Right now I have a 400sm with 5000 miles fcr 39 and yosh rs2. I am trying to figure out if I should do a big bore with hot cams combo this winter, or wait a year or two and get more miles out the stock motor while saving my pennies for the big dog.

shearly depends on how you treat it.

will it last 30,000 miles? not sure.no one has one with that kind of miles yet.

i do a few with with 15,000+ on them and they are going right along.

there are different 470's as welll.they range form low 50's hp to 60hp.the closer you get to 60hop the more they are on the edge.

quite honestly the best bang for the buck is 94mm big bore,hotcams,head refurbish,39mm fcr and mrd/ssw pipe. high 40's hp and rock solid reliable.

quite honestly the best bang for the buck is 94mm big bore,hotcams,head refurbish,39mm fcr and mrd/ssw pipe. high 40's hp and rock solid reliable.

that sounds completly on the right track for what im looking for!!!!! a bike with more power then stock but with the reliable traits of stock.....and it sounds a ton cheaper!!!

just did the math on Anthony's build....wow

if i even THOUGHT of doing that, i think i'd hear from another professional....

a DIVORCE attorney!!

Blind :banana:...jealous tho of what that bike would do ?:banana:

I've roughly shelled out 3 times what I paid for the bike just in mods. Hell I just turned it into a 440 last month and already on the fence about shipping it to Eddie this winter for a 470 build.. :busted:

that sounds completly on the right track for what im looking for!!!!! a bike with more power then stock but with the reliable traits of stock.....and it sounds a ton cheaper!!!

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. And you can put this together one component at a time as one's budget allows (I'm always broke - wives that don't work and go to graduate school and kids are expensive!).

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. And you can put this together one component at a time as one's budget allows (I'm always broke - wives that don't work and go to graduate school and kids are expensive!).

i hear ya there.?

but thank the lord my wife works and just got her yearly review:banana: :busted: i can hear my new mrd/ssw coming soon.........oh wait! thats just the kids screaming cause they need new shoes:banghead: well it was a nice dream while it lasted:smirk: but it does sound like id beable to do it my self and get a piece here and there without either the wife knowing or taking away from the kids mouths:thumbsup:

cheers logan

Eddie, what ballpark will this service cost, I have the TT FCR39 (about a month old) and a decent pipe (full Yosh TRC). Also what kind of turn around time is on a project like this, thanks in advance, Rick.