Which Rotella

Which is the best Rotella -T oil to use in the DR650 between the 15W-40 non-synthetic and the 0W-40 synthetic? I am not trying to open an oil brand debate thread here, I just want to know which Rotella is preferred.

15w-40 non synthetic is what i'd use. Good stuff. Amsoil is good stuff too. I use both oils.

+1. The synthetic's 5W makes me think it will shear down faster that the 15W dino.

I use the 15w40. There is something about the 15w40's lower ash content than the 5w40 synthetic that makes it slightly better to run in the DR. I think I read it on bobistheoilguy.com.

I'm running the 15-40 in my DR now. I also use it in the tranny/clutch of my RM250. :busted:

Rob, I read a thread on a non-motorcycle forum regarding Rotella synthetic. This expert claimed that the formulation of Rotella had changed and it was no longer a good oil for motorcycle engines. I have no personal knowledge of this, but I changed to Mobil synthetic in my scoot.

Jim

Rob, I read a thread on a non-motorcycle forum regarding Rotella synthetic. This expert claimed that the formulation of Rotella had changed and it was no longer a good oil for motorcycle engines. I have no personal knowledge of this, but I changed to Mobil synthetic in my scoot.

Jim

Hi Jim! Yeah, that's why I'm using the non-synthetic 15w-40 Rotella. I was running Mobil1 in mine with no issues... clutch or otherwise, but with the fresh top end I want to make sure the rings seated properly. My first 300 "rode it like I stole it" miles I ran straight 30wt Valvoline and then changed it to the Rotella. It doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil. Me likey! :busted:

ahh...so you heard the same thing regarding the Rotella, eh? I'm using the Mobil !, and so far, so good. I've been following your thread on the hop-up stuff....sure sounds like fun...LOL

Jim

LOL ... yeah I wish he'd knock it off already. I have a fortune in farkles for my DR and now he has me scratching my chin and thinking about this new piston stuff. :busted::thumbsup:

Oh come-on Cpt. Neville.... It's just a small fortune in the grand scheme of things. :busted: The great thing about increasing your "Fun Factor" is that it is never linear with your investment. The ear to ear grin is priceless IMO. :thumbsup:

I use the old fashioned Rotella-T 15W40 as well. For the price, you won't find better.