Sign in to follow this  

bent bars or clamp?

alright i'm a quad mxer switchin over to dirtbikes. and i recently had a washout on a hardpacked turn, which doesn't happen to often with four wheels. anyway i lifted up my rmz, left my pride in the dust, and saw my bars were slightly back on the right side. now did i bend my bars or could the fork clamp have twisted?

Most likely the bars are just bent. You can try taking the bars off and resetting them sometimes they will straighten out. I've fallen LOTS and never bent my clamps.

more than likely twisted the forks in your trip. clamps. No big deal loosen upper and lower and straighten them if they are twisted and you dont straighten you may end up wrecking your fork seals

more than likely twisted the forks in your trip. clamps. No big deal loosen upper and lower and straighten them if they are twisted and you dont straighten you may end up wrecking your fork seals

Thats what happened to me, i thought i bent my bars and after several days i tried loosening the top clamps and forced it in the oposite direction and it "clicked" back into place and the bars became straight. Ive seen people do this during a race without loosening the bolts, its tough but can be done.