Sign in to follow this  

Granite Mt., LPO

Finaly made it up to the top without walking. The views are much better without the walk. I was totaly pumped thinking that I was getting better, until the rest of my group made it as well. Then, I fallowed them as we left and they found a trail AROUND the hard part. Thats not fair. I was thinking about going up there and putting up a trail block or something. Kidding, it was kinda fun to make fun of them for ridding around it.

Granite mt on I90??? I didnt know you could ride up it..??? pics?

No pics sorry, forgot my Go Pro. And no, its in LPO, might actually be called Granite peak, I'm not sure.

No pics sorry, forgot my Go Pro. And no, its in LPO, might actually be called Granite peak, I'm not sure.

It's not easy to get up there that's for sure :busted: Congrats on the accomplishment!

Colville National Forest -Little Pend Oreille trail system. Granite Peak Lookout -great view is all directions. That rock step just before the top can be a doosey sometime.

Colville National Forest -Little Pend Oreille trail system. Granite Peak Lookout -great view is all directions. That rock step just before the top can be a doosey sometime.

such as...

P5250040.jpg

or...

P5250044.jpg

:busted:

Slackkinhard -great pics of the view and rock.

Belfair is pretty easy -even the UB stuff. LPO has a mix of stuff from rocky to fairly smooth flowing. Enough trail for 3-4 days if you ride everything including the Batey Bould to the south. The current owners of the Beaver Lodge on Lake Gillette are ORV friendly too. They have cabins, tent and Rv accommodations. Also several FS campgrounds and dispersed DNR camping in the area.

Is this area easier or harder than Belfair?

Hmmm, I'd say harder, but more so different...such as there is some of this...

P5250020.jpg

and some of this:

P5250028.jpg

But there is also plenty of this:

P5250039.jpg

and this:

P5250038.jpg

But when ya get to the top, you are rewarded with this:

P5250042.jpg

:busted:

Is this area easier or harder than Belfair?

:thumbsup: gotta like your sense of humor :banana: oh and it depends on the tire....:busted:

I think the key is momentum. I wasn't afraid to hit it with some speed. Also, my KTM smoker like that kinda stuff more then my wr did.

But I see that KLX125 sneaking around the cheater way. Come on brother, pictures don't lie.

I was just giving dirtbeater a hard time. My wife doesn't ride up that rock face everytime, just most of the time :busted:

My wife rides her TTR up that step.
That's a KLX125 in the pic next to my KLX450R :busted:

Hummm. Guess it wasnt as great of an achievement as I thought it was. I was just happy to make it up there as the last time I went I crashed several thousand times and had to walk to the top. This time I didn't crash all weekend and was able to ride to the top. I know I am no great rider, but I thought it was cool. Sorry.

But I see that KLX125 sneaking around the cheater way. Come on brother, pictures don't lie.

I was just giving dirtbeater a hard time. My wife doesn't ride up that rock face everytime, just most of the time :thumbsup:

I just funnin...anyone that knows anything about that particular KLX125 knows it had NO problem going up :busted: Hard to see, but not your typical toy.

Not to deflate egos or anything... here's my Gal pals going up:

Karolina on her KTM250

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2960436600103239188RxesCN

Pam on her KTM105

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2244886760103239188HMWPYJ

Me on my CRF250x Jr (this is actually from a play attempt to do a different line that didn't work so well. My other ride up it that day was cleanl)

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2712242760103239188zuASdn

Wendy on her KX100 (she rides a KTM200 now and this would be no sweat):

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2648851970091847908NvCvUG

The rock was alot tougher a few years ago (Wendy's pic). People have been moving rocks around and bypassing the climb, kinda messing it up. (p.s. the line is to the far left and then over the big V rock- ssshhh)

edited- ok, here's another old pic from 2006 of my first ride up it on my CRF150 (which has like NO clearance!) the guys jumped in to help and I told them to leave me alone and wheelied up. LOL Luck

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2442374220101664292uxslXc