Sign in to follow this  

I sure hate to do this, but...

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/1357301179.html

It's time for me to part ways with Mr. XR. My son is now flying up the trails on a CR80R and I picked up a CR250 so I can keep up with him. I really hate to sell my XR, but I'm having the time of my life out riding with my son though, and just don't have time to go riding outside of that. I JUST put on new rubber and a new FMF Q4 pipe (plus proper jetting and a brand new Uni filter). Someone is going to get a great bike for sure. Thanks in advance if you might know someone interested!

Eric

...and yet another defector of the Pig. Any plans on dual sporting that CR250 you just got? I'm looking for something a bit light myself, but have no intentions of getting rid of Big Red.

I may know someone that is looking for a pig, just have to find out if he's in the market right now. He's a taller guy too and he wouldn't have to do anything to it, except that rear spring.

You paying any commission Eric?:busted:

You have to sell the L to get a CR? You could probably find a '92-96 steel frame CR(my favorite) for under 1500 these days....and the 250 still only weighs 219lbs. :busted:

You have to sell the L to get a CR? You could probably find a '92-96 steel frame CR(my favorite) for under 1500 these days....and the 250 still only weighs 219lbs. :thumbsup:

He's already aquired the CR, but since he's dong all dirt riding, see's no need to keep the pig. Of course I'm still waiting to see if there's a commision on sending him a buyer.:busted:

in your ad, you didn't mention the year of the bike...

in your ad, you didn't mention the year of the bike...

Yeah, some guy called me and brought that to my attention. I pointed out that there have been no changes since '93 anyway...so what does it matter really?! :banana: It's a 1999 model though (like that matters). :banana:

...and yet another defector of the Pig. Any plans on dual sporting that CR250 you just got? I'm looking for something a bit light myself, but have no intentions of getting rid of Big Red.

I may know someone that is looking for a pig, just have to find out if he's in the market right now. He's a taller guy too and he wouldn't have to do anything to it, except that rear spring.

You paying any commission Eric?:banana:

Sure...bring on a buyer and I'll be happy to slide you some loot! :busted:

You have to sell the L to get a CR? You could probably find a '92-96 steel frame CR(my favorite) for under 1500 these days....and the 250 still only weighs 219lbs. :banana:

I don't HAVE to sell the "L"...but it will provide me with some cash to do a few things to the CR250 - like an oversized tank, front fender pack, Vapor, maybe a pipe, etc. Plus I think it's the right thing to do - my Wife has been very cool about me sprouting a bunch of red two-wheelers in the garage and I think it would be appreciated on her part if I kept the number in check. By the way, I paid $1350 for my '99 aluminum framed CR250R. It's a hoot...I can't believe how much more power and how much lighter it is!! I'm lovin' it!

:thumbsup:

so what does it matter really?!

age/fatigue of parts matters to me...