How do I look?

Well this was my first time on a track in a long time and my first time ever riding my new CR 125 on a track. Tell me how I look jumping and if I need to improve on anything. I feel really comfortable jumping on the big bikes. Keep in mind I'm only 15 and this is my first big bike. This jump was about a 65' table top.

- Thanks -:busted:

aircrop3.jpg

close up

airr1.jpg

That is a lot better than most beginners. But you should be in a more aggressive stance, one that is controlling the bike and not hanging on.

Your knees should be 90 degrees above the pegs and your legs almost straight. Your lower back should be arched and your elbows should be out. And lastly, have your head over the bars.

I'm pretty sure you should look about like this... At least this is what I believe you should look like and that's how I try to ride. I'm not the best jumper though, but this is the usual attack position. You can loosen up a bit in the air but should still be pretty much like this, but with your elbows out more.

l_a1e054113d7f462d934018a89a128988.jpg

That is a lot better than most beginners. But you should be in a more aggressive stance, one that is controlling the bike and not hanging on.

Your knees should be 90 degrees above the pegs and your legs almost straight. Your lower back should be arched and your elbows should be out. And lastly, have your head over the bars.

I'm pretty sure you should look about like this... At least this is what I believe you should look like and that's how I try to ride. I'm not the best jumper though, but this is the usual attack position. You can loosen up a bit in the air but should still be pretty much like this, but with your elbows out more.

l_a1e054113d7f462d934018a89a128988.jpg

Bad example picture, you are bent over way too far.

attack position is more like the following:

141_0807_04_z+pro_secrets_motocross_jumps+attack_riding_position.jpg

Or an example of my own:

DSC_0355.jpg

And then in the air something like this:

DSC_0167.png

An experience rider who was teaching me said one of the most important things when it comes to riding is positioning. You should always be able to see your front numberplate when in the attack position. If you can't then your too far back (like in your photo)

Its all fine and dandy if everyone is the same height, build and rides the same terrain.

Breeze is a tall dude and yes his elbows are a little low but I wouldn't go as far as saying his example was bad. That goes for the first picture. The rider looks relaxed and is not on the jump face at that point in the shot.

I personally look different on the face of a medium to steep face of a jump than I do mid air or while landing. I like to be right over the bars(reading my number plate lol) then I stretch out a bit and push down on the bars mid-flight keeping me in position to immediately get on the gas and go when I land. But i'm short and can get away with a little more wiggle room.

In a nutshell a picture isn't neccesarily a tell all.

jumping safely and in control is important, but if you really want some input that will improve your lap times post up some corner pics.

Need toget over the front of the bike in the air, you are way to stiff, relax and lean forward. You will have slap down rear wheel landings if you jump like that all the time.

get over the front and loosen up and you will gain control

October8thPractice010.jpg

Bad example picture, you are bent over way too far.

Well what about this guy?

Well what about this guy?

he is desert racing so the style will be different and from the look of it, just looks like he is in the sitting down tucked back position but just using legs to stand up so he doesn't get kicked off on bumps rather then wasting energy by changing his upper body aswell. dunno, just the way i see it.

my mx style is whimpy goon so i'm not bagging your style here, its much better then mine! :busted:

photo.php?pid=3534685&id=698145743

with the baja ride on the xr 650, he is doing like a 100 so he should look alot different than when your jumping in mid air

Well this was my first time on a track in a long time and my first time ever riding my new CR 125 on a track. Tell me how I look jumping and if I need to improve on anything. I feel really comfortable jumping on the big bikes. Keep in mind I'm only 15 and this is my first big bike. This jump was about a 65' table top.

- Thanks -:busted:

aircrop3.jpg

close up

airr1.jpg

Awfully hard to tell much from that pic, but I'd say it sure looks like you should be farther forward, some jumps that type of positioning works well though. How were you landing? If you weren't landing nose high then I'd say you're doing good.

BTW, I see you're in MN also, is that a public track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RUUXni5DJQ

go to 3:25 thats like a perfect attack position for hittin jumps imo

wow! the whoops section just before that could be fodder for a thread of their own! :busted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RUUXni5DJQ

go to 3:25 thats like a perfect attack position for hittin jumps imo

hes got his elbows down at 3:25 to scrub that jump, imo your elbows should be up a little more for "just jumping".

u look a little tense in ur pic, try to relaxe when jumping, and keep a good attake position

AIR WHEELIE!!!! :banana:

well for your first time jumping it dont look to bad. You could use some adjustments but that will come after you start geting used to the bike and the power. You will know how to use your body postioning to control yourself.

It will just come to ya..... well it did for me lol

but keep riding and having fun. thats what its all about. dont matter what no one else thinks as long as your having fun!

Good Luck :busted: