Jason Lawrence sentenced to 1 year in jail

From transworld mx...."Former Western Region 250cc Supercross Champion Jason Lawrence was booked and arrested today on charges related to his assault of his friend Ryan McGriddle last summer. Details about the length of Lawrence’s sentence are unknown, but TWMX is currently awaiting a return call from Lawrence’s manager, Scott Sepkovic.

Stay tuned for more details".

Details...

Jason Lawrence- A Year in Jail!

Posted on 09 September 2009

Wow, I guess we knew it was coming. I suppose I wouldn't have shown up at Steel City either if I had this to face.

Along with 363 days (2 for time served already) he also gets three years probation for assault with a deadly weapon. Ironically, the guy he assaulted is his buddy and spoke up for him at the court proceedings today. With Jason's priors, it seems that everything has caught up to him.

what a d-bag why would and how could you do something like that when you have such a good future. That jackass. If I had the opportunity to be part of a professional race team, a career, I would probably be a little more mature. jerk.

• Like 1

Where's his mom and dad in all the years of bad news on him??

Better question might be, "where were his mom and/or dad when he was growing up?" Obviously, they have failed him as parents and didn't instill the discipline or common sense to be a successful, respectable person. I love the karma that's coming around to smack him in the face but it is his parents I feel sorry for. The sacrifice they had to have made bringing him up as a motocross rider will probably never be repaid and what do they get out of it? Shame! I know it's been said here, but what a waste of talent. You have thousands of kids and their parents that have made the same sacrifices but just don't have the talent to make it big.

That said, I hope there's a "True Hollywood Story" type expose on Speed someday.

you know people like that never had their butt whiped when they where growing up spoiled brat most likely. he needs taking out behind the barn and shown just how tough he really is.

Or maybe he was beaten regularly. No one will probably ever know.