asking all 470cc motor owners built by Eddie

ok i have 2000 miles on the 470cc motor , and was checking the valves , looks like there ok no need to adjust , :thumbsup: this is my first check only have 2000 miles so far motor runs great , does anyone with more miles have had to adjust the vales and how meny miles were on the motor when you had to do it ,, thanks to Eddie for a great motor . :busted:

ok i have 2000 miles on the 470cc motor , and was checking the valves , looks like there ok no need to adjust , :banana: this is my first check only have 2000 miles so far motor runs great , does anyone with more miles have had to adjust the vales and how meny miles were on the motor when you had to do it ,, thanks to Eddie for a great motor . :banana:

After 4000 miles.....No movement.....:busted::thumbsup:

Erling

I had to adjust my valves when i put the new head from eddie on the bike ,and the valves hadn't moved when I dropped in the new Rhc cams (2000 kms).

Haven't got to check the valves after the stroker and the new cams was put in ,but the engine sound is like it should be ,I'll do a valve check next time I change the Oil

Mine hasn't run long enough yet. I've had teething problems unrelated to Eddie's work. I'll check back when I have something

Not on a 470 but BB/hotcams/redone head with RHC +1 intakes, stock size RHC exhaust.

Both my intake valves have moved at the 400 mile check. The left one more than the right and needed reshimming whereas reshimming the right valve would put it out of spec so I'll leave it for now.

The exhaust valves appear to have not moved at all.

don't really see how any of this will help you, but....

mine is a mild stroker. no o/s intake valves, hotcams stage 2 & 39 mm fcr.

i made the mistake of not checking them prior running the motor. so i had no base line.

i recently re-shimmed one of my intake valves. it was most likely as set by eddie. i couldn't get a .004" feeler to go. .003" was loose. so it may very well have been right @ the low end of the spec.(.0039").

only about 1000 miles on the motor.

Out of curiosity, because I have no money, how much do Eddie's 470s set you back?

Never mind, I found it.

I have about 3000+ miles on my rhc valves. I had a part failure about 1500 miles ago that resulted in a rebuild(didn't damage valves). I am not sure if eddie had to adjust them at the time but if not I just checked them the other day and they were right on spec.

Out of curiosity, because I have no money, how much do Eddie's 470s set you back?

Never mind, I found it.

i had the man !!! Eddie build mine 470cc , here are the parts -- 94mm mt kit $450

hotrods stroker crank $375

cylinder spacer $100

RHC 187 cams w/ adjustable sprockets $580

RHC spring kit $225

RHC valves,+1mm intake $200

valve guide seals $25

misc gaskets

$50

MCCT if you dont have one already $60

labor including refurbishing head,clearancing piston,degreeing cams,head porting,+1mm intake valve etc.

$765

you will also need a 41mm fcr-mx $575 and a preferably a yosh ti pipe $700.

this a fully prepped race motor.be aware the power delivery is very agressive.

great thanks everyone , im going to check them soon but looks like it should be ok ,,,