Sign in to follow this  

Guaging interest.. Light mounts...

I am trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile for me to do a production run of mounts for aftermarket lights. I have these on my DR 650 now and they are solid. They bolt up to the lower triple tree fork bolts and can be drilled for whatever light mounting bases you choose to run. I "should" be able to produce these for around $40 shipped, but would need to look at doing a run of about 50 sets to make it worthwhile. Obviously, the more in a production run, the less the cost will be. Let me know what you think and if you would be interested.......

This is not a sale thread yet, but I would like to figure out if there is enough interest in this........ If you want to see more detailed pics, let me know...

IMG_4274.jpg

IM000271.jpg

IM000272.jpg

being on the road most of the time, my dr can always use more visibility. it is also god to see what you are about to hit....

BTW, mounts are cool. :busted:

umm nice i like that . PM about how you wired them up . where u get power and dose it work off the switch or just runs wile bike is on ?

I have mine wired to a switch that is direct off the battery. The switch is mounted to a tab that is mounted by one of the fork riser bolts.

Keep in mind that I am trying to determine if anyone would buy just the mounting brackets with this thread. I am not going to try to sell lights. You also need to take into account the bike's charging system when choosing lights to ensure they will not overload the system.

They need to be made from heavier aluminum, otherwise they will crack from the vibrations.

Maybe a metal bar that goes across the fender and connects on each side of the lower triple clamp.

They need to be made from heavier aluminum, otherwise they will crack from the vibrations.

Maybe a metal bar that goes across the fender and connects on each side of the lower triple clamp.

These are heavy gauge aluminum stock. I have had these on this bike for well over 8000 miles from trail riding to WFO in the twisties and commuting. They are not going to crack.

From what I can tell, there is not enough interest to generate a production run though. No worries.