Sign in to follow this  

Attempt to start parts compatibility list

Just wondering if there was any interest in starting a parts compatibility list? Looking up parts numbers doesnt always work as they can be different, but the part will still work on different years of bikes. Maybe we could just start posting what we know is compatible and after the thread gets long enough we could put it all into one post?

Ill start (and correct me if im wrong lol. )

1996-2004 Honda xr250r, all parts are interchangeable.

1996-2004 Honda xr400r, all parts are interchangeable with the exception of the kickstarter assembly / lever on 1996 and 1997 models.

Also, all plastic components and seat are interchangeable between the 96-04 xr250's and xr400's

I think this would be better off in the respective Honda forums. Because its very unlikely that a KTM guy will be able to have anything that will cross reference a Honda.

Off to a good start....... I was not thinking just honda models but all models of dirtbikes......

I guess i could start a post in each of the main manufacturer forums, but just thought this would be easier

Yeh I understand what your getting at and I think the general idea is a great idea. It would be helpful to have a database of some sort in order to search from.

I hate to be a Negative Nancy but the problem is we are taking peoples words on what fits and what doesn't. Maybe someone got the swing arm to fit from an XR400 to a WR250 but they had to make a small change and they forget to mention it.

I don't mean to bash the idea right off the start because I am sure everyone can agree that with older bikes having other parts cross reference is a huge help. And because of the large amount of after market parts, it makes it much harder to know what fits and what doesn't.

Exactly what i was looking for brandon! I will be ordering one today, i am very curious to see if its just using exact part numbers or if it actually lists compatible parts with different part numbers.

thanks for the link~

Exactly what i was looking for brandon! I will be ordering one today, i am very curious to see if its just using exact part numbers or if it actually lists compatible parts with different part numbers.

thanks for the link~

Good deal...please post back on the contents..I am curious myself. That book has all 3 of my bikes in it.:busted: