Sign in to follow this  

Some questions

Finally getting my 98 Kx250 together.Bought an engine on ebay...wanted to know what pre-mix ratio to run with stock jetting? It also has VForce reeds in it,if that has any bearing.Thanks!

Finally getting my 98 Kx250 together.Bought an engine on ebay...wanted to know what pre-mix ratio to run with stock jetting? It also has VForce reeds in it,if that has any bearing.Thanks!

youre jetting will not determine premix ratio. i would run 32:1. pick a ratio ans stick with it. despite what you may think and what people might tell you, there are things to be gained by running more oil.

When I had my 96 kx 250 I ran the H1R at 50:1....seemed to run fine...I tried 32:1 and had alot of spooge coming out the muffler.Just for once would like to know (the correct)way to run the engine.Many diff people use many diff ways...and I understand they are all right!Just always wondered if I was running the bike to lean at a 50:1 ratio.Thanks!

you're jetting will not determine premix ratio....pick a ratio ans stick with it.

Then jet the bike.

The above should really be a sticky. No matter how much anyone wants to avoid jetting their bike...there is no such thing as jetting by premix ratio.

Every bike (yes even the same bike as yours) may require slightly different jetting for similar riding style and terrain.

32:1 is good

40:1 is good

others are good as well depending on the oil.

Pick a ratio you are comfortable with and re-jet. Due to inconsistencies in pump gas...jetting can be quite fun.

Also the is a big conspiracy thread regarding ATF being run in the lube box aka transmission. All of these are totally false! 4 out or 5 oil conspirators "know" that ATF is wrong to run in a 2T tranny.

Choose a ratio, then jet to it. DO NOT try to change ratios to suit your current jetting. A missing factor is that your current jetting may have one of the many circuits out of line with the others.

Pick a ratio, start with the pilot, then work your way up. DO NOT change gasoline companies or stations. DO NOT change oil brands. Every change can throw things out of whack. After you get it jetted properly, know that changing things (even altitude, humidity and temperature) will change your previous results.

Also the is a big conspiracy thread regarding ATF being run in the lube box aka transmission. All of these are totally false! 4 out or 5 oil conspirators "know" that ATF is wrong to run in a 2T tranny.

That's right. We all own stock in ATF...trying to push sales in these hard times. :busted:

Why did this thread about 2-stroke pre-mix oil and ratio have to devolve into another ATF thread?

PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS !!!

Pick a good oil that you have easy access to, pick a ratio, and then take the time to properly jet the bike. 32:1 is a good safe starting place. Its recommended by the manufacturers who built the engine. I suspect they know a little more than I do.

As you can tell, the subject of oil in general is beyond political and into the religious realm in this forum.

Many of the oils mentioned above and below on this thread will work fine if you take care, maintain some consistency in your mix ratio, adjust the jetting, etc. Its probably more important to clean your air filter often than which exact brand of oil you pick.

I like Amsoil Dominator, but its not so easy to find. You probably have to find a local dealer/distributor, so most people dont use it. You can also buy it online. I would suggest you go into your local bike shop, browse around, pick up an extra air filter, some air filter oil and cleaner and see what oil they carry for 2-stroke oil.

Belray has been doing this for a long long time and H1R is a fine oil.

Those are the 2 I have experience with -- but other oils are also good.

Why did this thread about 2-stroke pre-mix oil and ratio have to devolve into another ATF thread?

Because oil threads are fun...no matter where the oil goes!:banana:

Pick a good oil that you have easy access to...

And this is the answer to most "oil" threads.:busted:

Pick a good oil that you have easy access to, pick a ratio, and then take the time to properly jet the bike. 32:1 is a good safe starting place.

And this is a good answer to a pre-mix thread...but not as much fun.:thumbsup::banana:

Long live ATF.:banana: