Sign in to follow this  

Jason Lawrence sentenced to jail

Wonder how many duplicate threads will be made? I know the YZF450 is up to like 6.. Anyone wanna place bets? lol

:busted:

Hopefully he straightens out. I am a big JL supporter and always will be.

He got a mayhem charge for biting the other guys ear.

What's the definition of mayhem from a legal point of view (besides ear biting?)

In California it is permanent disfigurment (SP).

What's the definition of mayhem from a legal point of view (besides ear biting?)

True meaning is willfully inflicting a bodily injury on another so as to make the victim less capable of self-defense so as to cripple or mutilate the victim.

In modern times, the offense of mayhem has been superseded in many jurisdictions and is now just called aggravated battery. The change in the meaning arose from newspaper readers misunderstanding of the phrase "rioting and mayhem".

I also am a big Jason Lawrence fan this guy has real talent, but he really needs to put himself in a better place mentally if he is to carry on as a pro. I dont think this jail sentence will take away his drive to ride but serious sponsorship is so far away for him it will make it very difficult for him to be competative. There is young exciting talented riders coming out almost monthly the talent pool runs deep and JLaw is left only with his raw talent, not sure if that is going to be enough!!!

he will be back hell he hasnt raced but a few races this year an almost won 2 for not being seriuos about it hes fast,as long as shows up to race he will be a force to be recond with

Why so little detail in the account of the crime? A year seems a lot for what is provided in this story. I grew up with people that did terrible things to others and rarely spent that long in jail. After 3 strikes they now serve in Lompoc.

Might be the best thing to ever happen to him...then again, prolly not. IMHO his attitude won't serve him well in the long term on the inside.

I was scrolling through the thread hoping for the J-Law/Mike Tyson comparison.

It didn't come.

I think the guy has a lot of talent on a bike but seriously he needs to pull his head out of his a$$ if he wants a career in this sport. I think he has horrible judgement:bonk: . Sometimes you just have to suck something up instead of going up to another rider and clocking him for what he did....or biting the guys ear off

Why so little detail in the account of the crime? A year seems a lot for what is provided in this story. I grew up with people that did terrible things to others and rarely spent that long in jail.

J-Law is semi famous, so they probably threw the book at him.

He's the Michael Vick of MX.