Sign in to follow this  

Okay heres the latest on my project frame swap!!!

I will have pics saturday for all you interested. and for all the people who were negative about this in the first place.. As yahl no i swaped out a 2002 yz250f and put the motor in a 2006 frame and bought all the components of of ebay and so far it has been awesome and i was lacking a little money then and didnt have enough to get the suspension well i bought it last week and the forks arrived today and they will be put on this weekend and thats not it my pre-prints from n-style will be coming in friday also and i ordered new black plastics where the white was on my bike. so hopefully i will have some pics before i ride saturday morning :busted: but i have put lotsa time in to this project and i hope that yahl like it! But between both bikes the 2002 and the2006 i only have about 3,000 dollars invested .. And thats with all the extras i bought including gear,helmets,goggles and so on...

Cool I'm intrested , let's see some pics!

il have the saturday for ya thanx for be interested i put alot of time in it!!

cant wait to see the pics.

And to hear what you think about the handling of the new chassis.

i know i cant freaking waith to ride on the new suspension!!:busted:

i know i cant freaking waith to ride on the new suspension!!:busted:

My son and I have the 03 and the 07. Night and day between the 2 suspensions.

Your gonna love it. :thumbsup:

between both bikes the 2002 and the2006 i only have about 3,000 dollars invested .. And thats with all the extras i bought including gear,helmets,goggles and so on...

Is the $3000 considering a value $xxx for the 2002 which was dismantled to do the project? Were you able to update the front brake- the 05+ brakes are much better than the 04 and older.

Good to see you have it together and running well. :busted:

Is the $3000 considering a value $xxx for the 2002 which was dismantled to do the project? Were you able to update the front brake- the 05+ brakes are much better than the 04 and older.

Good to see you have it together and running well. :busted:

as of right now i still have the 02 front brake which will mount to the 06 forks.. but thats my next task it should cost more than 45.00 per ebay :banana: but i had about 2,000 in my 02 and to do the 06 swap it was like 1100.00 at the most. i do have an 07 rear brake system on it though :banana:

The triple clamps and fork gaurds and the plastic come in today and the pre printed numbers from n-style come tommorow :thumbsup:

so what i have left is the front brake assy. i gotta get on that.

My son and I have the 03 and the 07. Night and day between the 2 suspensions.

Your gonna love it. :busted:

thats what i like to hear :thumbsup::banana:

have a question. what year kick starter do you have and can you post a picture of the other side of the bike? if it is the old 02 kicker is there any interference with the frame or does it hit the gas tank. thanks

hey i sent you a private message about saving money on ebay

I don't believe the front brake changed other than the routing of the hose, but I could be wrong. In 07 the YZ250F did get a new brake caliper and master cylinder, which are lighter and stronger, but the caliper won't fit on the pre-07 forks.

If you are going to ebay new brakes I would try and get honda brake parts. Use the honda caliper and master cyl. I'm not sure why, but the honda brakes work better than the yammi units. The honda brakes have better feel and modulation. I know sacralige, but still, you wouldn't have to tell any one.

have a question. what year kick starter do you have and can you post a picture of the other side of the bike? if it is the old 02 kicker is there any interference with the frame or does it hit the gas tank. thanks

hey i sent you a private message about saving money on ebay

i used the 02 kickstarter and just leaned it forward 1 spline ..it works perfect :busted:

If you are going to ebay new brakes I would try and get honda brake parts. Use the honda caliper and master cyl. I'm not sure why, but the honda brakes work better than the yammi units. The honda brakes have better feel and modulation. I know sacralige, but still, you wouldn't have to tell any one.

i might have to look into that~!

I don't believe the front brake changed other than the routing of the hose, but I could be wrong. In 07 the YZ250F did get a new brake caliper and master cylinder, which are lighter and stronger, but the caliper won't fit on the pre-07 forks.

They didnt change the front axle size on the 06 forks did they!? cause im putting them on tonite!

They didnt change the front axle size on the 06 forks did they!? cause im putting them on tonite!

My 03 and 07 use the same front wheel bearings, so the diameter didn't change, if that helps. Not sure about the spacers though.

I think the 06 axle was 2mm longer to make up for the tiny difference in fork lug width, but it shouldn't make a difference. You may find that your axle will not be flush with the outside of the right fork lug. but rather countersunk slightly, when the forks are aligned correctly.

I think the 06 axle was 2mm longer to make up for the tiny difference in fork lug width, but it shouldn't make a difference. You may find that your axle will not be flush with the outside of the right fork lug. but rather countersunk slightly, when the forks are aligned correctly.

Thanx kj:thumbsup: