The first 10,000 miles

I just turned 10,000 miles on my 06 DR650. The bike is still running strong with no signs of stopping. As a matter of fact, in three weeks it's going on a 450 mile dual sport ride. This has been a great bike. Who has more miles. I'd love to hear about them.

38,000 miles, doesn't use oil and runs great. I read on here where someone had over 60,000 and still running strong.

i have a 2006 DR650 with 9600 miles

no problems, no drips, no leaking,

only problem is that it goes through a lot of rear tires.....:busted:

I have over 60,000 miles and still going strong. Getting an entirely new clutch at the moment otherwise everything except the electric starter, fork seals, steering head bearings and other wearable items are original.

My chain popped off and knocked a hole in the case and the thing is still going!

around 80K + ......I was without speedo for years. Damn cable got wrenched out of the black plastic spacer/speedo hub. F'd them both up.

Want to get 80K miles? Make sure you so all the little tricks you find here.

NSU, chain roller, base gasket, oil pump gear, etc.....

i have a 2006 DR650 with 9600 miles

no problems, no drips, no leaking,

only problem is that it goes through a lot of rear tires.....:busted:

I thought that it was me. I go through a rear tire around 400 - 500 miles. Is this the same for you? What rear tire do you run? I've run Dunlop D606 and the Pirelli MT21. It seems that the Dunlop hooks up better but the Pirelli last longer.

I am at 39,000 miles and it loses no oil between 3,000 mile changes

Last winter I tore it down for a rear axle and bearings (1st time for that), also did the NSU -they were loctited anyway, did the oil pump gear - zero sign of wear, measured the clutch - still in "new" spec range. Not saying you shouldn't do the stuff, it's worth the peice of mind.

Set a new record yesterday, my old high speed was almost 95, but I do it on side roads and never really let it wind up, I guess there is a lot more winding up to do cause I tried it on the highway and hit 99mph. It was still climbing when I started to come up on the tractor trailer that started off a long way ahead of me. That's on a GPS tuned vapor. I guess she is still just breaking in:thumbsup: