Sign in to follow this  

2008-09 XT250 for wife and I?

I have been thinking about getting a little street dirt bike for wife and I I'm 6-1" 200lbs wife 5-7" 145

the xt250 would surely be enough for her to enjoy on trail riding in the mountains right are they pretty comfortable and user friendly? what about for me, would it be way underpowered for my weight and not comfortable for my height... or are they pretty fun little bikes for everyone?

I preffer the "ride the slow bikes fast rather than fast bikes slow" had enough fast bikes that I couldn't ride fast lol

should be fine. i was riding a xt225 and i weighed more than that and it had no problems. that bike is all about low end torque and is very easy to get used to in the trails.

The XT250 is a good fit for my frame. 6' 190lb. Good power. Can cruise @ 60 mph no problem. Excellent bike for trail and street riding. Have fun!

is 2008 and 2009 just graphics difference?

are they pretty reliable if i was to buy one used?

i think they are 5 speed and they max speed is about 67-70mph?

Yes.

No less reliable from any other bike you'd buy used.

In fact, these are the kind of bikes you often find that were hardly ridden, or if they were, it was just while tip-toeing through the tulips at a gentle pace.

Sounds right.

The XT-250 is actually a redressed European and Japanese Yamaha model called the Tricker, which came out about the year 2002 over there.

Kinda' looked like a trials bike.

Here.

Watch this retard on his Tricker:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/968058/yamaha_tricker/

As a bike for both you and your wife to ride, it sounds like a great choice. :busted:

I have gone down three teeth on the rear sprocket (now 45T) which has evened up the speedo a little better (its only 2% out instead of nearly 10%). This gearing is still plenty low enough for offroad wolrk but helps it cruise a little better on the highway.

If your wife has long enough legs to ride something with a 35" seat height, I would highly suggest the KLX250S instead. It is a step up from the XT and CRF in every way, and at least for now similarly priced. Or better yet the WR250R if you have the extra money.

A used XT225 might be an option if you are working on the cheap.

thanks for the heads up guys, is there any newish 2007-2009 street legal dual sport hondas that are pretty reliable out there?

maybe i can get away with 2 different brands as long as they are on a $30$4k budged each, fun, not heavy pigs, reliable