Pirelli MT16 and 200 XC-W

I had a Pirelli MT16 rear on my WR 450 before I sold it. I liked that tire. Was wondering if the pirelli MT16 was compatible with the 200XC-W?

I have a Dennis irk catalog in front of me. They don't list a 100/100 18 for the MT16. They have a 4.00-18; also a 120/100 18.

Which, and will an MT16 work on the 200?

Thanks, RJ

im gonna assume that you have a 2.15 x 18 rear rim on both bikes....bc thats the rim i had on my 02 wr250f..... i too ran the mt16 120/100/18...hope that helps....

I had a Pirelli MT16 rear on my WR 450 before I sold it. I liked that tire. Was wondering if the pirelli MT16 was compatible with the 200XC-W?

I have a Dennis irk catalog in front of me. They don't list a 100/100 18 for the MT16. They have a 4.00-18; also a 120/100 18.

Which, and will an MT16 work on the 200?

Thanks, RJ

I personlly stay away from the 120's on the 200, you'll get better turning with the smaller tire and there also lighter and cheaper. There is no differance in traction, other than it's easyer to rail single track berms with a narrower tire.

I switched to non O-ring chains on the 200 also, it makes a noticable differance on a small two stroke motor.

So I assume the 4.00-18 is narrower? That one will work?

Why 2 different types of tire measurements? confusing.

you may find also that a tire that works well on a 4 stroke that gets plenty of traction may not work as well on a rev happy 2 stroke. This has been my findings. What do I know though, I run a trials tire now. lol

also, there's better places to buy from than DK.

Yeah, 2 strokes and 4s have different engine charactoristics. That's why I keep asking if that tire is going to work.

Yes the tire will work, just get the correct size 100/100-18 and any tire will be fine.

It is actually more consfusing than just metric vs inch tire sizes. I've found some tire manufacture sizes are slightly different.

Google motorcycle tire size. You'll find some good tire size conversion charts.

the mt-16 is a pretty heavy tire, might be too heavy for a small bore 2T.

Update on old thread.

I put one on. It wasn't hard to get on. This is my first dirtbike tire change, so I really don't have anything to compare it to.

The Pirelli 4.00-18 is actually a 110-100-18. So, it is a little taller, same width.

It has been working really well for me. Like I said, it is a bit taller, which raises the seat just a tad. It also "gears" the bike just a smidge taller also, which I think is a good thing. It is a heavy tire, relatively speaking. Being heavier is a plus for me also, because it acts a little like a poor man's fww. I think it takes just a little edge off the engine.

Te Pirelli hooks up a lot better for me, where I ride. All in all, i'm very happy with it.