Sign in to follow this  

what is the big deal about the 2010 yz450f???

I think this is yamaha's first EFI model and they've made several improvements to make it more competitive than the other big 3's EFI systems. Overall, there seems to be some good changes, not just stupid changes like losing .000001 ounces and calling it "making the bike lighter".

I'm still not sure about EFI, but my next bike will probably have to be injected because I plan on making my 06 450 last until it falls over dead.

Go over to

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=7AC38A7F68054081A75E5F4BC573A994\

Biggest change is they moved the header pipe, twisted it, and put it underneath the back of the seat where the air filter typically is. The Airbox has been moved to the front of the bike.

I'll be interested in hearing the ride reports when they come in.

Go over to

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=7AC38A7F68054081A75E5F4BC573A994\

Biggest change is they moved the header pipe, twisted it, and put it underneath the back of the seat where the air filter typically is. The Airbox has been moved to the front of the bike.

I'll be interested in hearing the ride reports when they come in.

thats retarded

How about instead of making another thread *I think this is number 8* you just read the others, then make an informed opinion about it?

The big deal it is a totally new bike. The only thing "retarded" is your attitude, but you are free to your opinion. Heck I get excited no matter what bike comes out with something new.

• Like 1

Not a constructive comment, my friend. :thumbsup:

yes i agree, yamaha has spent the past year, possibly more, busting ass on this bike, then when they got to the end they got lazy and did something stupid :busted:

yz450F.jpg

thats the big deal!

Is that really what the new one looks like? I mean, I understand the pic is a split so you can see everything but that is pretty cool how they moved the header pipe and everything!

Is that really what the new one looks like? I mean, I understand the pic is a split so you can see everything but that is pretty cool how they moved the header pipe and everything!

Yup, the engine is essentially backwards with the intake in the front, the exhaust out the back, and the gas tank under the seat to centralize mass.

as far as i know...thats it!..looks kool..except the tank is tiny and doesnt look like it has room for a dez tank..

as far as i know...thats it!..looks kool..except the tank is tiny and doesnt look like it has room for a dez tank..

What do you mean "that's it"? The bike is completely new from the ground up. The frame, suspension, engine, everything is new. The tank is the same size as every other 450.

What do you mean "that's it"? The bike is completely new from the ground up. The frame, suspension, engine, everything is new. The tank is the same size as every other 450.

i meant thats it..as in that is the bike that will be in 2010 prodction:thumbsup: looks like an awesome ride..:busted:

I have to wonder how weight transfer will be, moving the fuel tank from the front to under the seat. This should center the weight a little more, and a smaller tank will mean less weight there as well. Gas, last I checked, was ~7 pounds/gallon so I think this could actually make a difference.

I love the new engine placement, I hope I get to ride one of these sometime soon just to see how awesome it is.

Oh, and I love how it's a battery-less EFI system! I'm surprised Honda and others didn't catch onto that sooner.

I've always asked people "why can't the intake come in the front and the exhaust out the back". i always got the answer that it was impossible. Why aren't all motors designed this way??? just because nobody ever thought to loop the exhaust?

also, the rearward canting cylinder. I don't completely understand the benefit of this either. When yamaha first came out with 4-strokes they had is slanted slightly forward. over the years it was moved to vertical because this was said to be beneficial. now they are slanting it backwards. pretty much the same slant that the old head was when the exhaust/intake was the traditional way lol.

I'd like to see who comes up with the first aftermarket exhaust. FMF must be looking at it like "how am i gonna put a megabomb on that???". we're in the age of weird exhaust. every year they get weirder. the husaberg, honda and now yamaha.

i also hope it's as reliable as the last 450. looking forward to hearing more about this thing. it's really a step away from the trend. will others follow or will it be a yamaha only thing like the 5 valve head.