has anyone put street tires on the 250s

like street bike tires, but not small supermoto ones. I want to find the appropriate size rubber to put on, but am not having any luck.

I just bought a used '06 KLX250, and the PO only used the bike on pavement. He had a new set of Pirelli "Route" street tires in the appropriate size for the KLX. They were pure street style tires and looked decent for such tires. I'd give you the exact size, but they're down in a barn away from the house. A search of that brand and model might give you what you're looking for.

I have a '93 KLR 250, I just did a loop from Calgary to Los Angeles. Changed over to street tires for it. 90/90 21 front (Kenda Kruz) 130/90 17 rear (kenda Challenger). I replaced the tubes with heavy duty ones. No problems at all.

Take a look at the Pirelli Scorpion MT90 tires.

I got a set of the AT ones (80% street, 20% dirt they call them) on one of my

SuperSherpa KL250's. And the ST's on my KLX650. Pirelli is calling those an

"Enduro/Street" tire now.

A bit expensive, but they both handle great on the street, and seem to last quite a

long time.

Take a look at the Pirelli Scorpion MT90 tires.

I got a set of the AT ones (80% street, 20% dirt they call them) on one of my

SuperSherpa KL250's. And the ST's on my KLX650. Pirelli is calling those an

"Enduro/Street" tire now.

A bit expensive, but they both handle great on the street, and seem to last quite a

long time.

I've got the Perelli Scorpion AT tires on my 06 KLX 250s. They look just like a street tire, with a cross-hatch tread pattern. I bought them 9,100 miles ago. They are about 50% done. All my riding has been in town and on the freeway. When take the bike off-road, I swap wheels which have aggressive non-dot knobs mounted up.

I'm going to get another set for my new bike.

tarded.JPG

Edited by pullin-gs

for a tread like that I'd go with the kenda 270