Sign in to follow this  

Your last crash and what did you learn from it?

1:) 50 mph highside

2:) $20,000 to install plate on collar bone, $100 new brake lever and bars

3:) bike parts are way cheaper than doctors

I learned you dont have to pass for first place in your class in an hour long race by the first lap:bonk: :busted: and lose a bunch of time. I also learned its easier to just holeshot lol:thumbsup:

When you loose focus and start messing up everywhere its time to put it on the trailer.Oh yea, and don't hit your back brake in wet grass. My leg went in a position it's not saw since the honeymoon.

1. 4 months ago, cased huge double

2. broke talus (ankle) and am on crutches

3. stay committed...dont second guess.

1: Front tire washed out around a corner.

2: Can't lift my shoulder without hurting.

3: Make sure your front tire isn't worn out.

I learned that I sometimes scrub to early,I scrubbed a single to early and basically pogo sticked off the front wheel at 5th gear about 3/4 throttle

i started swapping in whoops, flew off the bike, and hugged a saguro cactus. i love chest protectors, helmets, and boots. when i took my shirt off after the crash and about untill 3 weeks after the crash, it looked i like i was a herowine (dont know how to spell) addit because i had little dots all over me. but the chrest protector saved my but though. i learned that cactus dont mover for you, you have to move for them. haha

I hit a false neutral on a 30ft double on my 07 rmz250 and broke my collar bone Ashley Fiolek style. What I learned, sell the damn bike and buy a Honda.

I learned that cactus is painful and takes a long time to get out of your arm

after high-siding in Moab...

That's akin to the first rule of desert photography:

THOU SHALT NOT BACK UP WHILE FRAMING A SHOT. :busted:

What I learned was NEVER, EVER let the action of another vehicle divert you from attention to your own vehicle. I let a turn in a paved parking lot become a low-side crash when I paid too much attention to another vehicle and let my turn drift into a patch of loose gravel that I knew was there. It was like having the front wheel on a mess of ball bearings. No injuries other than a slight sprain and a strawberry on my knee, right through my undamaged jeans.

1. how/why I crashed - idk it was on a straight and I was in like 4th gear (or something like that) and I either lost grip of the bars or highsided it happened quickly and I dont remember what happened.

2. result - tib fib break, dislocated shoulder, broken shoulder, and compressed ulnar nerve.

3. what I learned -crashing sucks and that I really miss riding after being out for a year and three months (and counting)

Hard right hairpin on a steep and long uphill trail consisting of snot-slick mud, littered with bowling ball sized rocks. Exiting the turn, I got on the gas way too heavily in a gear lower than I thought I was in. Launched the bike uphill and sideways, while I did a chest first re-entry. Took the full impact of one of those Fred Flintstone bowling balls directly on the bottom of my sternum.

I learned a few things, the most important was confirmation that my decision to start wearing chest protectors years ago was a very good one. Although it took several minutes to overcome the pain enough get up off my knees, if I hadn't been wearing my chest protector, I would've most likely been carried out of there...hopefully not in a body bag...

I learned never to jump a jump "I" made. I suck at it. And have the scars to prove it.

Also, don't get a plate put in for a separated shoulder, let it heal on it's own. I was in agony until it was removed. 100% better now, maybe even better than before thanks to physio!

*edit--Also forgot, I learned in the same crash to wear all the gear all the time. Did not have a chest protector and damn near ripped my nipple off!! Got a CP now and will not ride without it.

I was riding my daughter's stock CRF50 with the throttle screw in kind of far. I was riding the bike around camp warming it up for my daughter.

1. How and why they crashed (I came in to get off the bike inside the circle of trailers. When I stopped the bike, I got my knee stuck between the pegs and the handle bars and was motionless, then tipped over)

2. The result of the crash (pretty much everyone laughed their butts off at me and I was the big joke for the rest of that trip)

3. What they learned from the crash (or what not to do again)(don't get on a bike that is made for a small child no matter how fun they are to ride...yet I have and will still do it:thumbsup: )

1: Fell in to a mud hole

2: Knee popped out and motor full of mud

3: Stay away from mud, don't try to start the bike if it died in mud. Push it out of the woods.